The Student Room Group

No passion to do anything

So i finished my AS exams last week (i think it went alright) but i have no desire to do anything with my life now , despite i have the whole week for half term , this is because :

A) apparently we're going to get our results back next week when we come back from half term

B) i'm practically ******** myself about my results , expecially because my biology teacher/tutor has threatened to kick me out of my courses if i don't do well in these exams

C) these exams determine my PG which i need for uni (if i decide to apply) do there's alot of weight on them

It just sucks that we get them back 3 weeks after we done them , i can't do anything fun in my week of because i'm constantly fearing that i'm gonna get bad grades and all the work i've done will be all for nothing

someone help me out here :frown:

EDIT: we also have another 6 weeks of college after this week which pisses me of even more

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ray_Shadows
So i finished my AS exams last week (i think it went alright) but i have no desire to do anything with my life now , despite i have the whole week for half term , this is because :

A) apparently we're going to get our results back next week when we come back from half term

B) i'm practically ******** myself about my results , expecially because my biology teacher/tutor has threatened to kick me out of my courses if i don't do well in these exams

C) these exams determine my PG which i need for uni (if i decide to apply) do there's alot of weight on them

It just sucks that we get them back 3 weeks after we done them , i can't do anything fun in my week of because i'm constantly fearing that i'm gonna get bad grades and all the work i've done will be all for nothing

someone help me out here :frown:

EDIT: we also have another 6 weeks of college after this week which pisses me of even more

Find friends to do something with. Watch a movie or something or play a game of footy and you'll forget about it, though you'll likely remember randomly about 10 times whilst doing so and feel a sinking feeling in your stomach before you forget about it again. Better than nothing.
Reply 2
You know when people did real AS levels or when you do your A-level you’ll have to wait TWO months before you get your results… 3 weeks is a blessing. Start learning an instrument, read a book, look for unis, decide what you want to do with your future, look for inspiration in music, movies, art, politics, books, etc. There’s so much out there, enjoy your free time while it lasts!
Original post by That'sGreat
Find friends to do something with. Watch a movie or something or play a game of footy and you'll forget about it, though you'll likely remember randomly about 10 times whilst doing so and feel a sinking feeling in your stomach before you forget about it again. Better than nothing.

i don't have many friends , what do

Original post by Zxyn
You know when people did real AS levels or when you do your A-level you’ll have to wait TWO months before you get your results… 3 weeks is a blessing. Start learning an instrument, read a book, look for unis, decide what you want to do with your future, look for inspiration in music, movies, art, politics, books, etc. There’s so much out there, enjoy your free time while it lasts!

well not for me , rather have it in the summer so i don't have to worry about it , plus it means i have to get my result with my classmates so they will know what i got , then my teachers will probably have a go at me for whatever i got and it will make me feel worse
i don't have many friends , what do

well not for me , rather have it in the summer so i don't have to worry about it , plus it means i have to get my result with my classmates so they will know what i got , then my teachers will probably have a go at me for whatever i got and it will make me feel worse

You don't have many or you don't have any? If you've got at least one thats enough.

Or go on holiday/ a day trip with your parents, somewhere which has good restaurants and then just enjoy eating food and just chill out. If you don't like eating then theres something wrong with you and only God can help you
Original post by That'sGreat
You don't have many or you don't have any? If you've got at least one thats enough.

Or go on holiday/ a day trip with your parents, somewhere which has good restaurants and then just enjoy eating food and just chill out. If you don't like eating then theres something wrong with you and only God can help you

i honestly have no appetite at this point,literally everything i eat i feel like i'm gonna throw it back up
anyone else
bump
you need a gap year when you finish your a levels; seriously.
Original post by BTAnonymous
you need a gap year when you finish your a levels; seriously.

why's that then
why's that then

you sound super depressed and lost.
Original post by BTAnonymous
you sound super depressed and lost.

that's true , i'm just really anxious
You've gotta find something you enjoy and feel passionate about, mate. I couldn't go through life without having some sort of hobby or passion, I need something like that on my mind all the time or my thoughts will be directed toward negative things instead :lol:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You've gotta find something you enjoy and feel passionate about, mate. I couldn't go through life without having some sort of hobby or passion, I need something like that on my mind all the time or my thoughts will be directed toward negative things instead :lol:

i just have this constant vision of me feeling , i try doing fun things but my stupid brain puts this image in front of me and ruins what im doing
i just have this constant vision of me feeling , i try doing fun things but my stupid brain puts this image in front of me and ruins what im doing

You've gotta find that thing mate. My overthinking stops me from enjoying myself, but when I'm doing something I really love that I have to be engaged in, I don't think about anything else.
You've gotta find that thing mate. My overthinking stops me from enjoying myself, but when I'm doing something I really love that I have to be engaged in, I don't think about anything else.

also another problem is that when i am doing something fun and these visions come into my head , it makes me feel like i don't deserve to be having fun

which ruins things even more
also another problem is that when i am doing something fun and these visions come into my head , it makes me feel like i don't deserve to be having fun

which ruins things even more

I suggest Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
I suggest Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

i doubt my parents would understand/allow me to have therapy , they're kind of strict
i doubt my parents would understand/allow me to have therapy , they're kind of strict

If you're in college you're an adult now, you don't even need to tell them. I get the feeling your parents are being overbearing and it's making you feel the way you do, like you don't deserve to do anything fun because you could be studying? Surefire way to burn out is to make your studies your sole focus in life You're wasting your youth mate!
Lol you will never make it through uni stress with this attitude or lacklustre study habits lol.

Quick Reply

Latest