The Student Room Group

What can you do to have your prays answered?

This is my question

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
be sincere and also know god will allow what's best for you so if you don't get what your pray for, then Gods decision to prevent it from your life is best for you, in ways you wouldn't have thought x
Absolutely nothing, you can't do anything to make prayers work. Praying is some strange psychological thing where people talk to themselves, hoping that their messages will be answered and their wishes will come true. It's honestly astounding how people in 2018 still believe praying will miraculously do something good.

Unfortunately, praying doesn't work and that's been shown countless times. How many prayers are sent out to the families of the deceased after terrorist attacks, school shootings or fatal accidents occur? How many prayers are said, hoping that these things don't happen again, even though they still do? How many prayers does it take until your God listens and takes action?

If praying really worked, I'd be praying every day to stop each awful thing that the God you're praying to is allowing. The same God which allows terminal cancer in children, homelessness, poverty, rape, murder, war... The list goes on. It's quite ignorant that you pray to this God, which time and time again proves to be more demonic than the hell you religious folk fear yourselves - if I had to go to heaven, to stand in front of this God on my judgement day, I'd ask him to send me to hell.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kian Stevens
Absolutely nothing, you can't do anything to make prayers work. Praying is some strange psychological thing where people talk to themselves, hoping that their messages will be answered and their wishes will come true. It's honestly astounding how people in 2018 still believe praying will miraculously do something good.

Unfortunately, praying doesn't work and that's been shown countless times. How many prayers are sent out to the families of the deceased after terrorist attacks, school shootings or fatal accidents occur? How many prayers are said, hoping that these things don't happen again, even though they do? How many prayers does it take until your stupid God listens and takes action?

If praying really worked, I'd be praying every day to stop each awful thing that the God you're praying to is allowing. The same God which allows terminal cancer in children, homelessness, poverty, rape, murder, war... The list goes on. It's quite ignorant that you pray to this God, which time and time again proves to be more demonic than the hell you religious folk fear yourselves - if I had to go to heaven, to stand in front of this God on my judgement day, I'd ask him to send me to hell.

Please keep opinions as extreme as yours, to yourself, with all respect : on behalf of believers off God, we believe that our God is not "stupid" but indeed sincere, loving and kind. We could question everything if we wanted to but that's why we have faith in God and believe that if our prayers are not answered today or tomorrow, we know that one day they will be and that will be for the best. Have a good day and I wish you all the best .
if I had to go to heaven, to stand in front of this God on my judgement day, I'd ask him to send me to hell.

I'm sure you would big man
Pray because it makes you feel good, the results come from the work you put in. (If you are praying for something)
Original post by Thatmadclown12

Well, I wouldn't... Because I know it wouldn't happen in the first place.
Original post by purplepeacock
Please keep opinions as extreme as yours, to yourself, with all respect : on behalf of believers off God, we believe that our God is not "stupid" but indeed sincere, loving and kind. We could question everything if we wanted to but that's why we have faith in God and believe that if our prayers are not answered today or tomorrow, we know that one day they will be and that will be for the best. Have a good day and I wish you all the best .

How is my opinion 'extreme'? Is it because it's not what you want to hear?

'Loving and kind' aren't words that are synonymous with a person who allows such things. Sorry if it's 'extreme' for me to say that, but I see no plausibility in having so much faith in such an awful thing.

Unfortunately, praying doesn't work and that's been shown countless times. How many prayers are sent out to the families of the deceased after terrorist attacks, school shootings or fatal accidents occur? How many prayers are said, hoping that these things don't happen again, even though they still do? How many prayers does it take until your God listens and takes action?

everyone has free will, life is a test, the recompense will be on the day of judgment, where we will all go to heaven or hell.
Hitler killed millions, what is the biggest punishment he could have on this earth?
Original post by purplepeacock

God allows us to do what we wish in this life, as life is a test
Original post by Allah is Fabolos
Yo leave them alone.

Okay you don't believe in god. Some people do, so stop trying to belittle their beliefs with your condescending and insignificant views.

It's unnecessary and pathetic.

It's far from a condescending and/or insignificant view. That's what a lot of people say because they don't like what they're listening to.

The fact that people like you shrug off certain opinions, just because they don't sound very nice, is pathetic in itself.

Unfortunately you don't like what I say, and my response is: good for you. Your opinion to me is just as condescending and insignificant as what mine is to you.
It's far from a condescending and/or insignificant view. That's what a lot of people say because they don't like what they're listening to.

The fact that people like you shrug off certain opinions, just because they don't sound very nice, is pathetic in itself.

Unfortunately you don't like what I say, and my response is: good for you. Your opinion to me is just as condescending and insignificant as what mine is to you.

Exactly. You give and ask perfectly valid arguments and questions but they tell you to f*** off and don't give any reasonable answer apart from "God is loving and all caring." Lmao.
Original post by Thatmadclown12

Your one of them all talk guys
You say something and if you were in front of your dad you’d **** your pants

(That was meant for Kian Steven)
(edited 5 years ago)

To the thread title isn’t should I pray to god
It’s what can I do to have my prayers answered so he’s already started
So your input in this topic isn’t needed
So troll elsewhere you sad pile of ****
Original post by Simonthegreat
This is my question

What religion do you follow
Original post by BTAnonymous
Exactly. You give and ask perfectly valid arguments and questions but they tell you to f*** off and don't give any reasonable answer apart from "God is loving and all caring." Lmao.

Well what other arguments do they have? Obviously they'll not debate. They're programmed from a very young age to have just one belief: God is real and is the greatest thing imaginable. Anything that goes against this notion causes then to spontaneously combust.

Absolutely pathetic to be so blind.
Original post by Ahmed Syed
To the thread title isn’t should I pray to god
It’s what can I do to have my prayers answered so he’s already started
So your input in this topic isn’t needed
So troll elsewhere you sad pile of ****

I'm not trolling here. I'm giving my opinion on the matter of how he should have his prayers answered, just like many other people would inevitably do so.

Or am I a troll just because my opinion isn't the same as yours? Yeah, I think that's the reason why.

So cry elsewhere you sad pile of ****.

Your one of them all talk guys
You say something and if you were in front of your dad you’d **** your pants

(That was meant for Kian Steven)

My dad and I share the same views as each other on this matter. Maybe because I wasn't conditioned at birth to believe in non-existent things, and neither was he.

I don't really understand why I'd **** my pants in front of my dad... I'm sure you would if you told him you were gay or something.
Original post by Allah is Fabolos
I don't believe in god that is why I said "them" and "their beliefs". Can you not read?

And as I said. This is their beliefs so leave them alone, going around with your patronising remarks trying to ridicule their ideology is void and just portrays you as the pitiful character that you really are. That you feel the need to prove your superiority by ridiculing others.

Boo hoo. Here we go with the 'superiority' claims. I must be some really pitiful character for not spending every day praying to someone who won't answer me, or for not living my life based on a book.

There's absolutely nothing patronising about stating the obvious. If you can't read, my main question was simply: why does God cause such bad things to happen in the world? I still haven't got an answer as to why I should pray to him based on that, and hence my comment about nothing making prayers work still stands.

Sorry for the fact that you have to get so angry about someone saying nasty things about your best mate God, by the way. I'd love to meet him some day.

I'll say it again: boo hoo.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
I forgot, you atheists have no morals in life
So you could **** your mum and your dad would probably say do it harder

Is that what you would do if you didn't believe in god?

Quick Reply

Latest