Turn on thread page Beta

Pros and cons of buying and cooking food with housemates? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So especially after first year in halls, what are the advantages and disadvantages of food shopping with your housemates and also cooking the food with them? Anyone with experience would be great!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It would never work for me. My flatmates and I eat completely different types of food. I eat low carb, they eat mainly carbs. I eat 6 or more times a day, they eat very little. My food is very simple and they will probably get bored. If I ate their food, I'd be dead soon (probably heart attack)

Hope that helps!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That wouldn't work, I eat about five large meals a day and I actually like seasoning in my food, the times I eat are much different to everyone else as well, I eat dinner around 11pm. Also it would be a bit costly for them, since I'd be bearing the most cost.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's easier to just stick with buying and cooking your own food. You've got to have the same taste in food as your housemates, all want to eat at the same time and all fancy the same thing on the same night. You've also got to trust them enough to pay you back.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above. That being said, with things like milk (unless you don't drink cows milk) it's not worth buying your own.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I doubt I would like it. I have a specific way of cooking and shopping for my food and then what I do with it and I doubt my housemates would want to do the same. I have about 15 meals I sort of rotate between and I cook 2 meals a week and have 3-4 portions of each to eat as leftovers throughout the week. My housemates wouldn't want to do that.

Food shopping together, maybe but again I just think we'd clash a bit.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.