The Student Room Group

Don't drop the bucket! Toastie's summer bucket list

[scroll]Hello and welcome to my 2018 bucket list...

I'm honestly so excited for summer:grin: as I'm doing my gcses right now I've got a really long summer holiday ~80 days:woo:
I don't want to waste this holiday so hopefully this bucket list will mean I'll do some interesting things:dontknow: (wow that was vague)

incomplete:frown:/ in the process of:dontknow:/ done:woo:
edit:the colours were too confusing:colondollar:
#toastieforcespeopletoreadtheOPbyusingrandomcolours

1- go camping
I went camping earlier this year for DofE and absolutely loved it; being away from everything was so relaxing:thumbsup:

2-get the train to London by myself
Planning on going into London for sixth form next year which means I want to practice so that I don't feel anxious in September. This brings me to my next aim...

3-attend induction day(s) and not be an awkward mushroom
I've got two to go to...I've just got to try to be social:colondollar:

4-make macarons
I haven't made them since year nine so I think this will be pretty tragic...

5-invent my own ice cream flavour
And of course...make it and taste it!

6-attend prom
I don't particularly want to but...It's an experience, right?!

7-complete ncs
And make brilliant memories! Hopefully...
edit:although turns out they've had to change my dates which means I'll miss most of tennis camp:rant:

8-spend a whole day watching Wimbledon
I went last year and it was amazing...didn't win the ballot this year but I can always sit in front of the tv with some strawberries!

9-go to a concert
Already got this planned...

10-spend an afternoon at the theatre
cursed child...:yum: can't wait!

11-hang out with my grandparents (well two of them) more
I feel like they've become a bit rejected because of gcses! Should be fun!

12-persuade someone to go busking with me
I feel like it'd be so fun?!

13-meditate every day for a week
I love meditation but struggle to keep it up:sadnod:

14-get a second piercing
think I'll go for the lobe bit, the cuff bit at the top looks terrifying to pierce

15-attend tennis camp:woo:
Don't think I'll do the full two weeks but I'll still go as much as possible #toastiedoessport
edit: just found out my ncs dates overlap with this:cry: I'll be able to do one day but I'll also play lots of tennis with my family and family friends when we're in France.

16-beat my dad in archery
Every summer I do archery when I go to France. Every summer my dad gets an obscene amount of bullseyes. Not this summer.

17-visit a museum/somewhere historical
#toastiepretendstobecultured

18-travel ~100miles to go for a curry
there's this restaurant that I really want to go to but there aren't any nearby.

19-do some mindfulness colouring
I have a Harry potter colouring book:wink:

20-be proud on results day
:party:

21-have a picnic
Maybe along the Thames? Gotta be cupcakes:smile:

22-meet up with my French exchange
I haven't seen her in over a year, even though we talk most days I still miss her so much:cry: think this is fairly unlikely.

23-watch all of veronica mars again
:yep:

24-go to the gym and swim
I haven't swum in ages:frown:

25-go scuba diving
It'll be scary but I would like to give it a go

26-learn a new song on guitar every two weeks
This should be a challenge...

27-discover a new band
:woo:
28-play in the guitar concert
agh I thought I'd gotten out of this but no. oh well, it's a good opportunity to build some confidence:trytofly:
29-go to Oxford to see family
don't see them too much so it'd be nice to visit...also may be able to get my cousin to give me a tour of the uni (as i've not been put on any of the school trips there before:dontknow:)

30-buy new clothes
my wardrobe hasn't really had an update since 2014 (#toastiestopsgrowing) and i've got to wear normal clothes (not uniform) in sixth form

31- practice piano every day for a week:yep:
whelp, I’ve got the piano concert at some point in July where I know I’ll just embarrass myself with a mess of a piece that I’ve not practiced:colondollar: so in order to prevent this, I’m going to try to practice for 10-40 mins every day for a week!

32- look at the specs for different a levels I’m considering!
well I should probably check they look interesting before commiting to them for two years:dontknow: (and with subjects I’ve not done at gcse I’ll look over the gcse course:yes:)

33-exercise at least every other day
owing to GCSEs I’ve completely neglected all exercise except tennis:sadnod:, I’d like to start going to the gym and maybe try couch to 5k:ahhhhh:

34-Languages!
I've loved learning languages at school and I'd like to keep them up:yep: so I'll be doing some Duolingo and might start reading my French copy of the hunger games

TOASTIE'S RECORD
Books read this summer:

Spoiler

Food cooked/recipes tried

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

good luck!:rave:
Reply 2
Good luck!! :rave: I'm sure you'll get these things done!
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
good luck!:rave:

Original post by nyxnko_
Good luck!! :rave: I'm sure you'll get these things done!

:grouphugs:
:woo: you’ll be so busy!!
Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by laurawatt
:woo: you’ll be so busy!!
Good luck :biggrin:

I’m not very good at sitting still:colondollar:
:hugs:
Reply 6
number 5- invent an ice cream flavour
so today I completed number 5...
I made a vanilla + chocolate Oreo sticks + digestive nibbles (those ball things:dontknow:) + peanut butter cups + loads of sprinkles ice cream this afternoon!
CD7D3D9C-5043-43F0-93E0-8061A7CAE5C9.jpeg
There were a few issues; I didn’t put the lid on the ice cream mixture when mixing it which meant I made quite a large mess:colondollar: and I ended up dropping a half full pot of cream down my shirt:eek3:
But other than that it was very tasty...think I’ll make some more when it’s hot again:rave:
DB2D5A38-2109-4717-80D7-E0B275AF93A5.jpeg
It currently looks a bit soupy as I’ve not left it in the freezer for long enough (sorry but I needed to try some:biggrin:) but it tastes good:lol: in the picture you can see a bit of peanut butter cup and the chocolate Oreo batons:yum:
I’m not sure what I’ll complete next:dontknow: I mean...I should probably be focused on revision right now:giggle:

TOASTIEKID
28/05/18
Original post by Toastiekid
number 5- invent an ice cream flavour
so today I completed number 5...
I made a vanilla + chocolate Oreo sticks + digestive nibbles (those ball things:dontknow:) + peanut butter cups + loads of sprinkles ice cream this afternoon!

There were a few issues; I didn’t put the lid on the ice cream mixture when mixing it which meant I made quite a large mess:colondollar: and I ended up dropping a half full pot of cream down my shirt:eek3:
But other than that it was very tasty...think I’ll make some more when it’s hot again:rave:

It currently looks a bit soupy as I’ve not left it in the freezer for long enough (sorry but I needed to try some:biggrin:) but it tastes good:lol: in the picture you can see a bit of peanut butter cup and the chocolate Oreo batons:yum:
I’m not sure what I’ll complete next:dontknow: I mean...I should probably be focused on revision right now:giggle:
TOASTIEKID
28/05/18

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:
that looks so awesome :gah:
Reply 8
:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:
that looks so awesome :gah:

:woo: it’s so hot today...I needed to cool myself down:lol: my mum made banoffee one earlier today:lol: #myinspo
Reply 9
:woo: ICE CREAM!! :gah:
Original post by nyxnko_
:woo: ICE CREAM!! :gah:

:colondollar:
Your icecream looks so delicious!!! :biggrin:

Good luck trying to find someone to go busking with!!! I can't wait to see what you get up to!
Original post by Ara8311a
Your icecream looks so delicious!!! :biggrin:

Good luck trying to find someone to go busking with!!! I can't wait to see what you get up to!

Thank you:hugs:
ahah that’ll probably be one of the most difficult tasks for me to complete:lol:
number 18- travel ~100 miles for a curry
yesssss I completed it:woo:
This was a last minute thing on Friday when my parents were like shall we go to mowglis in Oxford for lunch? and me and my siblings were like:yep::party:
so we went to mowglis in Oxford and met some family there:heart: and the food was so tasty:wink: (well worth the journey and all the traffic jams:rave:)
we ordered so much food (one might say too much food) but it all disappeared:dontknow:
B30EF2C7-4CD8-4053-9261-A65D70B9EBB8.jpeg
here’s a slightly edited snapchat of the meal from Friday (had to cover up my family:lol:) you can see my mango lassi:heart: and some chicken wings (that I didn’t really like)...there were loads of other things but I took the photo after they’d been eaten:colondollar:
I’ve also begun...
number 30- buy new clothes
well as I’m an absolute embarrassment, I discovered a week or so ago that my favourite trainers had holes in them:colondollar:
soooo this week I bought some new trainers to replace the beloved pair (which are my only non tennis trainers:wink:) but instead of going for the plainish ones I was like TIME FOR A WARDROBE REINVENTION so they’re slightly more outgoing than what I’d normally wear (but I still like them:love:)
45DBC41C-F662-45C6-BD3B-2432615E26B5.jpeg

and finally...
number 13- meditate every day for a week
I thought I’d start this today as GCSEs begin again tomorrow:grr: so I’m going to do either a two minute headspace one in the morning or a twenty minute long one in the evening:yawn: I’d like to see if it leads to me feeling more mentally with-it (or something) and if it goes well I might try and keep it up till the end of GCSEs:dontknow:
wish me luck:woo:
TOASTIEKID
03/06/18
:woo: glad to hear you've been doing stuff - i haven't!!
:woo: glad to hear you've been doing stuff - i haven't!!

*cough* definitely wasn’t procrastinating *cough*
How’s your half term been?
Original post by Toastiekid
*cough* definitely wasn’t procrastinating *cough*
How’s your half term been?

it's been good thanks - as i said, i've done nothing at all :lol:
will do a GYG update soon :biggrin:
Nice trainers :yes:
Why on earth would you go all the way out there for a meal? :laugh: Glad you enjoyed it though :hugs:
it's been good thanks - as i said, i've done nothing at all :lol:
will do a GYG update soon :biggrin:

That’s good, and you need to relax; you’ve got a long term ahead (and you’ve got to watch us all on our summer breaks before you break up:sadnod:)
:woo:
Original post by nyxnko_
Nice trainers :yes:
Why on earth would you go all the way out there for a meal? :laugh: Glad you enjoyed it though :hugs:

ahh we’ve always wanted to go to this restaurant as we’ve got the author’s books (and my mum went years ago) but they’ve not got any restaurants in London (only Oxford, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester I think:dontknow:) so Oxford is the nearest one for us to get to:woo: (also almost all my family live in Oxford and we hadn’t seen them in ages so...:party:)

Quick Reply

Latest