The Student Room Group

ia this a good apology to send my teacher

so basically I faced a lot of physical, emotional and domestic abuse from my dad since forever and even during exam time.
i cheated in one of my exams because I couldn't study to my full potential because of him :frown: i want to send this apology to my teacher. btw I have dyslexia and I get extra time.

" I'm sorry for betraying your trust. You have always been good to me and treated me well, you were there for me when I have a problem yet I have betrayed you. You were the closest father figure I could look up to and trust. Sorry is not ok because I am such a screw up but Sorry for everything. Instead of opening up about my problems i disgracefully went back and added marks to the questions I wasn't allowed to write on.

I was so anxious about not displaying true ability that I made the wrong decision and acted irrationaly and disgracefully. I am so sorry. This is the worst moment to tell you about my problems but I guess I have no choice now. I have a horrible time at home. for example, A Few days before my stats exam I refused to get a haircut as I wanted to study so my dad literally beat me up and choked me. My nose was bleeding and i had bruises on my face and neck . I used ice for hours just so bruises fade away. I now analysed this issue and was told best solution is to just wait until I leave to university. It hurts...but it's ok im used to it. I Should have spoken up about the stuff like this that I regularly face and just asked to retake the test with a different paper but i was so scared of what could happen so I disgustingly took advantage of extra time.

My insecurity of my university predicted grades, anxiety of not doing well and leaving to university made me act disgracefully. My personal problems are NOT an excuse to behave this way. I am so sorry for everything. I know Sorry is not ok because I am such a screw up but I'm extremely sorry and I would do anything to make up for the loss in trust and for you to forgive me. I beg for your forgiveness. Please give me another chance to prove I truly am a good person. I'm sorry Andrew will never dare to even say the smallest lie to anyone again. I am sorry for being a disgrace and letting my bottled up emotions take the best of me. I'm sorry it has come to this. I didn't mean to ruin everything. I am so sorry i let you down Rafiq.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
btw don't quote my apology since I will get a mod to delete it later. customer u tell me how to improve my apology or what to add to it or etc. please :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
btw don't quote my apology since I will get a mod to delete it later. customer u tell me how to improve my apology or what to add to it or etc. please :frown:

cud u *** not customer typo
I think this is a beautiful apology. But I would prefer if you could tell a school counsellor about the abuse x Now please x
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Its like written by a 2 yr old who isnt even know english
If this is real, and your school knew this, you wouldn't be living there and social services would be called
Reply 6
Original post by Ismaeel Ali
If this is real, and your school knew this, you wouldn't be living there and social services would be called

they didn't know this
they didn't know this

tell someone and get help all im going to say is that
Reply 8
btw guys the school didnt know rhis. i never spoke about this to anyone.
Reply 9
btw my name is not Rafiq that is my teacher
It's good that you're making your apology this honest and personal. But I think you should not only send this to him, but also go to him and talk to him about this face to face, preferably at a time when he is free, cool headed and would likely better see where you're coming from. This way he understands that you're really sorry. However the chances of you redoing doing your exam is pretty small, so if you send this apology prepare to get a dq and not get a resit for that exam. BUT you will gain your teacher's respect and by the sound of your apology I think you would be fine with that
Original post by 1Confused.child
It's good that you're making your apology this honest and personal. But I think you should not only send this to him, but also go to him and talk to him about this face to face, preferably at a time when he is free, cool headed and would likely better see where you're coming from. This way he understands that you're really sorry. However the chances of you redoing doing your exam is pretty small, so if you send this apology prepare to get a dq and not get a resit for that exam. BUT you will gain your teacher's respect and by the sound of your apology I think you would be fine with that

it is an end of year mock exam not a real exam but thanks for ur input.
it is an end of year mock exam not a real exam but thanks for ur input.

In that case, the mock won't matter much but also, maybe consider talking to someone who can help you deal with the situation at home. I agree with people here saying to report your dad, but maybe there would be a better way to deal with this instead of involving social services. Idk, I'm just trying to defuse your situation without much blowback, but speak to someone mature maybe the teacher you're apolgising to or someone you can trust.
In that case, the mock won't matter much but also, maybe consider talking to someone who can help you deal with the situation at home. I agree with people here saying to report your dad, but maybe there would be a better way to deal with this instead of involving social services. Idk, I'm just trying to defuse your situation without much blowback, but speak to someone mature maybe the teacher you're apolgising to or someone you can trust.

thank you, I have and best solution apparently is to just stay calm and deal.with it until I can escape to university unless he does something this bad again then I will tell social services. i dont want to go foster care or anything :frown:
Original post by Rhiaaaaa
Its like written by a 2 yr old who isnt even know english

lol.
NO.
thank you, I have and best solution apparently is to just stay calm and deal.with it until I can escape to university unless he does something this bad again then I will tell social services. i dont want to go foster care or anything :frown:

yeah I understand that, but eventually you're gonna have to deal with that. Right now, it's best you sort out your apology and talk to your teacher face to face and then talk to someone who can help you with your home situation. Good luck with the rest of your mocks
yeah I understand that, but eventually you're gonna have to deal with that. Right now, it's best you sort out your apology and talk to your teacher face to face and then talk to someone who can help you with your home situation. Good luck with the rest of your mocks

thanks I really appreciate the help. any help is nice in this situation. and btw I got an A in chemistry mock. still yet to find out about physics. it was maths that I cheated on
thanks I really appreciate the help. any help is nice in this situation. and btw I got an A in chemistry mock. still yet to find out about physics. it was maths that I cheated on

Nice job with Chem! Phy should be good too hopefully, if you need help with Maths just ask, plenty of people on here who are definitely willing and able to help!
Stopped listening as soon as you pulled out the dyslexia card. I say pulled out, probably just fell out of your loose lieing ass
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest