The Student Room Group

bleeding on the pill

i’ve been on the pill now for a year if not longer, the one which you take for 21 days then have a break, ive took it every day with no problem and have been getting my periods normally when i have my 7 day break but this morning i’ve just woke up and i’ve started bleeding? i’ve still got 8 days before my break so i’m worries and confused??
Original post by eden17535
i’ve been on the pill now for a year if not longer, the one which you take for 21 days then have a break, ive took it every day with no problem and have been getting my periods normally when i have my 7 day break but this morning i’ve just woke up and i’ve started bleeding? i’ve still got 8 days before my break so i’m worries and confused??

Meh, nothing to worry about. Your hormones are just a little bit out of place. If it happens the next 2 months too then see your GP.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
Meh, nothing to worry about. Your hormones are just a little bit out of place. If it happens the next 2 months too then see your GP.

thank you! was very worried now i feel a bit better!:smile:
Reply 3
When birth control causes abnormal vaginal bleeding. Birth control pills, patches, implants, injections and rings that contain hormones can cause abnormal vaginal bleeding as a side effect. This can occur: ... After using birth control for a long time, which can affect the lining of the uterus and cause bleeding.

Quick Reply

Latest