The Student Room Group

Do I come out as gay or bisexual?

Up to very recently I believed I was gay and was more than fine with it
However recently (I'm 16 and about to finish GCSES) I have started having sexual feeling towards girls as well as guys, not quite to the same extent but they're definately there.
At the same time, I thjnk I would only want a boyfriend but still, if feeling are there for girls where I could kiss them and have sex with them potentially. Even though I really believe sex is for within a relationship (which would most likely be with a guy)
Any advice on what I should come out as, gay or bisexual would be much appreciated

Thank you x
Call me by your name
Whatever you choose, I think it's good to note that sexuality is a spectrum. Social biases codified our attraction, even though it's contrary to the biological facts.

I think, personally, if you want to come out but you don't know what to say then you should say that you don't like labelling. Bisexuality can fall anywhere on that spectrum, it's not always 50% into both, but having said that you could just be 100% gay.

So yeah, I think you should say that you don't like labels, and if you definitively discover that actually you're 100% gay or somewhere on the bisexuality spectrum you have the opportunity to come out again as that, instead of maybe coming out as the wrong thing in the first place and then have to correct yourself.

I really hope I helped, sorry it's a little long winded, I hope it makes sense.

Best of luck x
Original post by Anonymous
Call me by your name

Hahaha watched it last night
Original post by libertykamp
Whatever you choose, I think it's good to note that sexuality is a spectrum. Social biases codified our attraction, even though it's contrary to the biological facts.

I think, personally, if you want to come out but you don't know what to say then you should say that you don't like labelling. Bisexuality can fall anywhere on that spectrum, it's not always 50% into both, but having said that you could just be 100% gay.

So yeah, I think you should say that you don't like labels, and if you definitively discover that actually you're 100% gay or somewhere on the bisexuality spectrum you have the opportunity to come out again as that, instead of maybe coming out as the wrong thing in the first place and then have to correct yourself.

I really hope I helped, sorry it's a little long winded, I hope it makes sense.

Best of luck x

Helped a lot I will definately consider this. Discovering you like guys at 11 and waiting until your 16 to tell the world is definately a long time coming so I'm just really excited to be free
Original post by harry brennan
Helped a lot I will definately consider this. Discovering you like guys at 11 and waiting until your 16 to tell the world is definately a long time coming so I'm just really excited to be free

Bless you! I'm very happy for you, it's a really lovely feeling x
Original post by libertykamp
Bless you! I'm very happy for you, it's a really lovely feeling x

Only 18 days left!!

Quick Reply

Latest