Accuracy of History dates for a grade 9?

Watch this thread
Masterspryce
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I was wondering how accurate my history dates have to be to secure a grade 8/9 In History. For example, let's say I'm talking about the stages of Verdun, how accurate would I need to be when detailing the date the Germans began their artillery barrage?:

1. 21st February 1916
2. February 1916
3. Early 1916
4. Is it even needed to mention when?

Thank you.
IndigoComet800
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
For the Germany paper on my exam board it's more the German words they care more about because of those grammar marks. You don't have to be all like 'On the 11th November 1918' because apart from the year and kind of the month (if you're talking about a short time frame) are important. It seems all you need to know is the story, the consequences and small statistics like how over 6 million people were unemployed etc

Is this the WW1 Germany because I study Weimar and Nazi Germany also
Masterspryce
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by IndigoComet800)
For the Germany paper on my exam board it's more the German words they care more about because of those grammar marks. You don't have to be all like 'On the 11th November 1918' because apart from the year and kind of the month (if you're talking about a short time frame) are important. It seems all you need to know is the story, the consequences and small statistics like how over 6 million people were unemployed etc

So just the months and year?
lleeenaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I would recommend 1. And 2.
lleeenaa
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

I’m doing it too! By german words do you mean things like untermenschen and gleischaltung?
IndigoComet800
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lleeenaa)
I’m doing it too! By german words do you mean things like untermenschen and gleischaltung?
Yeah and kristallnacht. I don't think they expect you to know the full names of the black and brown shirts but SS and SA will be fine respectively
lleeenaa
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah and kristallnacht. I don't think they expect you to know the full names of the black and brown shirts but SS and SA will be fine respectively
Ah, thank you very much!
IndigoComet800
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Masterspryce)
So just the months and year?
Pretty much dude
Chidowee
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Any tips for history please since am failing legit i got grade 2 for my mocks

am on AQA btw
IndigoComet800
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chidowee)

am on AQA btw
(Original post by Chidowee)

am on AQA btw
-Know your dates
-Know your stories
-Know what the exam is asking for

You will get a narrative account question usually so make sure you know the important stories (e.g for me I need to know how Hitler came to power) and make sure you know the consequences

Make sure you know who there was and where they were. It is important to get who you're talking about right in order to make a decent writing piece

Another point is make sure your grammar is correct. Your grammar is only a few marks but that can be all the difference in the real exam. If you have any words that are important to know (for me I need to know German words if I want full marks in my last paper) learn them and just stick them in to get a few extra marks.
Have a structure to answer, it calms you down to have a plan. My teacher has gave us an entire booklet about how to deal with certain questions, if it is possible email your teacher or check the resources on this website to find your own

You'll nail that 4/5 if you just make sure you know the story and a few little consequences for each. Planning is always your best friend!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.43%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.96%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
17.39%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (29)
25.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20%

Watched Threads