The Student Room Group

I’ve messed up my life

Hello,

I’m 19 years old and I can’t see my life going anywhere. The biggest thing which caused this was severe anxiety and depression which formed right before exams and caused me to mess up basically all of my exams. This sucks bc the only good thing about me was school. I don’t have any friends anymore, I’ve never had a boyfriend. I just went on a graduation trip with my class and couldn’t talk to anyone due to my depression and got drunk one night & cried & screamed about how I was going to kill myself. I just don’t understand why this has happened to me.... I figured that at least I could get into a good university but now I’m left with nothing. I’m also ugly & fat. I just feel like such a disappointment to my family & they only want to see me happy but how can I be happy?? Any advice ? :frown:
Reply 1
I’m sorry you feel this way. I think maybe focus on one thing at a time, so for example if you think u are fat maybe join a gym. If you find making friends hard, maybe try online? I know lots of people find it easier to talk to people online, obviously be careful tho. Please don’t kill yourself!! If you are at ur lowest point now, I know it’s cheesy, but the only way is up. There are other paths in education you can take even without exam results, also lots of other things you can do with your time that are productive. Good luck op!!
hello Anonymous
Anonymous are you active?
If education was very important, can't you enroll in it again?

I've heard that alcohol can make people say what they're really thinking so I would want to advise you to go to your doctor if you can.

What made you happy before? Try and think and take those things up again if possible.
Well all I wanna say is your life is precious and so are you . You are saying you messed up your life but that's not true . You did not messed up your life , you only messed up a path of your life. You are not for those things but those things are for you which are very tiny things and will not matter if you move on . I'm also 19 and I have experienced things like you before. And now I'm private candidate but that does not mean I suicide or end up my life. Those things are past , learn from them and work on your present and your future will be full of happiness .
Goodluck.
And remember you are precious do not ever think of such crap
Just try and pick yourself up as best you can. It may be painful but try and think of something you want and go from there, however weak your will may be just try, however much you may want to cry just try as best you can

Don’t bother with university unless you want to go in to a field that definitely needs it such a law or medicine. It’s such a waste, honestly if I could have done my life over never would have bothered. Just work your way up the ladder.

There’s lots of distance learning and part time courses you can do instead
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I’m 19 years old and I can’t see my life going anywhere. The biggest thing which caused this was severe anxiety and depression which formed right before exams and caused me to mess up basically all of my exams. This sucks bc the only good thing about me was school. I don’t have any friends anymore, I’ve never had a boyfriend. I just went on a graduation trip with my class and couldn’t talk to anyone due to my depression and got drunk one night & cried & screamed about how I was going to kill myself. I just don’t understand why this has happened to me.... I figured that at least I could get into a good university but now I’m left with nothing. I’m also ugly & fat. I just feel like such a disappointment to my family & they only want to see me happy but how can I be happy?? Any advice ? :frown:

I am so sorry you feel this way! Anxiety and depression are difficult to deal with. It is good that you are talking to a girl and you could potentially become friends! Making friends is a great way to deal with anxiety. I would advise you to take things slow and focus on what you feel is the most important in your life. Also, you should try to get into the university you like! I really hope everything works out for you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

awwww, omg im so sorry
I hope you feel better about yourself asap because every induvidual person on this earth is capable of making a difference in their surroundings...be that person, change your society the way you want it to be
it doesn't even have to be a big change, but trust me, people will notice, even if they don't it will definitly make you feel better as a person
everyone has a future for themselves, it doesn't have to be a clear one or a perfect one, just one that you'll enjoy
I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU AND I KNOW you are not ugly or fat
f*ck, no one is ugly, i know i say it all the time about myself, but YOU ARE NOT
you are a beautiful person, you have a beating heart full of life whether you know it or not
Keep your head held high
Just, don't give up my friend you can easily turn your life around you just have to have the right mindset as for being overweight you should probably hit the gym and try to lose some weight as this will really boost your confidence quickly!
Original post by Lepidolite
Just try and pick yourself up as best you can. It may be painful but try and think of something you want and go from there, however weak your will may be just try, however much you may want to cry just try as best you can

Don’t bother with university unless you want to go in to a field that definitely needs it such a law or medicine. It’s such a waste, honestly if I could have done my life over never would have bothered. Just work your way up the ladder.

There’s lots of distance learning and part time courses you can do instead

Definitely agree with this - a degree is not the be all and end all they try to make out in school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending