The Student Room Group

AQA English Language Paper 1. 5 June 2018

What do you guys think will be on question 5? 2 descriptive, 2 narratives or one of each (GCSE PREDICTIONS ONLY :smile:)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nimra026
What do you guys think will be on question 5? 2 descriptive, 2 narratives or one of each

dont know we're not the exam board are we?!
Reply 2
Original post by Harrisn
dont know we're not the exam board are we?!

Yeah ik, I meant predictions
is this AS or A2 ??
One of each, but they may throw a curveball and give us 2 narratives (stories?).

2 descriptions would mean 2 images I believe so highly unlikely.

But they could do, write a story beginning with...

write a story ending with....

There are many possibiltiies.
Reply 5
Original post by lemoncow
is this AS or A2 ??

GCSE soz :wink:
In June 2017 Paper there was 1 description and 1 story

In November 2017 Paper there was 2 stories

So I think in the June 2018 paper there will be 2 descriptions, One will be based on a picture and one will write a description on ....................

Any Questions, Please ask me, I have done this exam once and am resitting it next week
Reply 7
Original post by jliddlejths
In June 2017 Paper there was 1 description and 1 story

In November 2017 Paper there was 2 stories

So I think in the June 2018 paper there will be 2 descriptions, One will be based on a picture and one will write a description on ....................

Any Questions, Please ask me, I have done this exam once and am resitting it next week

resitting? for the gcse right?
Original post by Nimra026
resitting? for the gcse right?

yes
Yeah thats the same with me im resitting always like 2 or 3 marks off pls keep me in ur prayers 😩
I ran out of time on Q5, didn’t get to finish my story 😩😭
Reply 11
English Paper 1 was okay. Should have done decent but its hard to determine as no specific mark scheme.
Id say the exam was pretty easy, the extract was from a story which was very easy and simple to read. The only bad thing was time, I ran out of it, because there were soooo many things to write about.
How did you guys find English Language Paper 1??
Original post by Roxy_Mullan
I ran out of time on Q5, didn’t get to finish my story 😩😭

Hi Roxy, I had to end sharp Q5, due to running out of time as well. If you got the point in Q5, even not finishing your story, you should be fine! :smile:
I felt question 2-4 I could have improved, although question 5 I was pretty happy as consider it was the first question I did.
Same i think i smashed is on the first four questions
I think I done alright tbh but I just done 1 paragraph on questions 2 & 3. However I finished my other ones.
Did u guys find the description easier or the narrative?
Original post by marvelm
I did the descriptive but did it say it was for a magazine cos I didn’t write a magazine type article. :/

It did but it doesn't really matter. You only have to show purpose in paper 2 question 5, they say that in this paper for no reason really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending