Young Enterprise Watch

HotMess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi guys
This year I've chosen to take part in the Young Enterprise scheme and we have the Finals coming up soon and we're completely stuck as to what to put on our Stand.

So I was wondering whether anybody here has been involved with YE and whether they have any suggestions as to what we could put on the stand?

Thanks
<3
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
whatd did you do to make money?
rachelcee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for our company last year, we sold a school board game so for our stand we made huge dice and used a black background with white dots for our stand..basically we tried to shape our stand in the shape of a die as well. hahah. but it was quite a disaster because we arrived late due to floods and had to set it up in 5 minutes sooo it was all in a bit of a shambles.!! they were really mean to us as well because we're a public school and talked all about how it was necessary to 'give opportunities' to others.
HotMess
Rep:
?
We made customised pillowcases.
We've got 6 boards to fill and have filled roughly 4 of them but stuck on what to put on the other two.

Boards:
1. Logo
2. Information about the MD's
3. What we did for Fundraising
4. Product + Desc.
x_emme_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's the budget? We got some photos of younger family members usings our products, and photos of how each product works! We were got reserve place so didn't make the finals :'(
AlphaWulf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aah good old Young Enterprise, such a disaster in my school, or at least my year was. Only me and one other person really cared about doing well in it, so the others left us to go to the competition thing alone with pretty much no stand and nothing to show / say. Funnily enough 2 of the other 6 schools had pulled out too, so we nearly made it to the next round.

We did playing cards based on our school since nobody could be bothered to do anything better. I hated my team, made me do everything, then blamed me when I couldn't cope with it all.
HotMess
Rep:
?
Oh dear if people did that to me I would've seriously lost my rag.

With regards to the budget, we're not really marking one out as we hope it'll just be printed stuff. So as long as it's not overly expensive we won't mind.
[email protected]_the_atrium
Report 10 years ago
My group made clocks with foam faces for those that are "young at heart" lol. We were rubbish we sold one to someone from the general public, the rest of our sales came from sellng to teachers at school. We also change managing director about 4-5 times just because everyone ended up getting p***ed off with everyone else.
HotMess
Rep:
?
Well we're making customised pillowcases with photos of whatever the customer wanted.

But we have 2 panels on the stand left to fill and we seriously have NO clue what to put on these last two.
orionmoo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We havnt even started thinking about the finals. Our company report had to be in last friday. We started writing it last wednesday and finished thursday night. We didnt even ahve a mission statement until we made up one on wednesday.

We had the YE exam last tuesday which half of us did, and the other half went to our first and last (only) trade fair. We made about £55, there.

We got old jeans and turned them into bags and stuff. But that idea only came up like a month ago. Our main thing was buying santa hats at christmas and selling them in college. Made £180 XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads