The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ok, that was a rubbish one (copy pasted without looking). I'm going to stop now or this thread is going to be full of crappy one liners.

Spoiler

Zing
Clubber Lang

If you wnat to be really smart start charging them for storing their stock which you never ordered.

Smart idea.

I'm sure they will have their checkbooks at the ready for such an invoice. Quite the entrepreneur.
Stealth-Mode
Smart idea.

I'm sure they will have their checkbooks at the ready for such an invoice. Quite the entrepreneur.

I've seen it work in other situations

Anyway, you may as well shut up as you have given wildy innacurate advice already.
`
Clubber Lang
I've seen it work in other situations

Anyway, you may as well shut up as you have given wildy innacurate advice already.

ok sir, will do <<<<<<says in a meek voice>>>>>>>>>>

but seriously, which piece of advice was ''wildly inaccurate''? If you want to make an accusation, back it up, please.
Reply 24
I don't know the legalities of it, but since they gave you a replacement product without your consent, I doubt they have the right to set a deadline of acceptance or return.
sdt
Ok, that was a rubbish one (copy pasted without looking). I'm going to stop now or this thread is going to be full of crappy one liners.

Spoiler

Zing

i was only pulling your leg with the first joke- tongue firmly in my cheek

However, the second within the spoiler, was actually weak. It doesn't make sense- the first one did at least:biggrin: :wink:
By saying the OP has to deal with what they got because they didnt respond

If they can prove they were on holiday I am sure the shop will be required to give the money back.

Also OP - if they sent you items you didnt wnat then they hsould pay for the return - they have no right to assume you woudl wnat another product - the only issue MAY be is if they specifically said you would get product B if products A wasnt instock and you accepted that.
consumerist.com - e-mail in your story.
Reply 28
Stealth-Mode
lol @ u

the 28 day period to return goods to the commercial retailer is enshrined in The Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Know what you talk before you do.:cool:

Your arse.

For one, he didn't buy the objects in question. For another, no such limitation exists in the Sale of Goods Acts.

OP:

You are entirely reasonable in waiting more than a month to return them. Indeed, you're under no obligation to return them at all- as far as this is concerned, they've sent you unsolicited goods which are completely unrelated to your order. It's their obligation to arrange for collection if they want them back, and they have no right to withhold a penny from you if they could not complete your transaction.

You are not in any way bound to them. Phone them immediately, tell them you were on holiday (it's nice to be pleasant, and giving a decent reason is going to ensure they're rather more pleasant to you) but inform them firmly that you didn't want these other goods, didn't buy them and they are welcome to arrange for collection - but in the mean time, you want your money back. If they refuse, tell them you'll happily take it up with the small claims court.
And you are charging them 50quid a day for storage dammit!
Lawyer: Are you sure the man was dead when you performed your autopsy?

Doc: Quite sure.

Lawyer: How can you be so sure?

Doc: Because his brain was on my desk in a jar of formaldehyde at the time.

Lawyer: But is it not possible he could have been alive nonetheless?

Doc: I suppose he could be alive and practising law somewhere...

Marcus
^meh

These are better, im(Factual)O ;P:

A new client had just come in to see a famous lawyer.
"Can you tell me how much you charge?", said the client.
"Of course", the lawyer replied, "I charge $200 to answer three questions!"
"Well that's a bit steep, isn't it?"
"Yes it is", said the lawyer, "And what's your third question?"

A client comes to Chambers for a conference and is told that her barrister has died. The next day she comes back and asks to see that same barrister. The receptionist says 'He's dead and you know that. Why are you asking to see him?' The client replies, 'I just love hearing it'.
Reply 32
But if you charge them storage for the goods, they will have to charge you storage for the monies that have been transferred to them. And you posted it as a cheque which is a security breach :eek:
Op:

OP: you must formally have rejected the goods. If you have:

(Sale of Goods Act 1976, Section 36)

''Buyer not bound to return rejected goods

Unless otherwise agreed, where goods are delivered to the buyer, and he refuses to accept them, having the right to do so, he is not bound to return them to the seller, but it is sufficient if he intimates to the seller that he refuses to accept them.''
sdt
But if you charge them storage for the goods, they will have to charge you storage for the monies that have been transferred to them. And you posted it as a cheque which is a security breach :eek:

Then I would turn round and demand lost interest that i could have accrued by having the money in a savings account/invested somewhere

2 can play this game baby :biggrin:

I'd also charge them a fiddy for my inconveience.
^(and then the alarm would go off, and you would resume your more placid personality)

;p
Reply 36
Stealth-Mode
Op:

OP: you must formally have rejected the goods. If you have:

(Sale of Goods Act 1976, Section 36)

''Buyer not bound to return rejected goods

Unless otherwise agreed, where goods are delivered to the buyer, and he refuses to accept them, having the right to do so, he is not bound to return them to the seller, but it is sufficient if he intimates to the seller that he refuses to accept them.''

This helped no one, apart from those who already know what it means.
If you accepted the delivery instead of turning it away that might count against you.
Out of interest, who was the retailer? And was it an online purchase?
Alive
This helped no one, apart from those who already know what it means.

Your post makes no sense. Content wise. The sentence is an oxymoron.:redface: lol
The goods are not fit for purpose, you are entitled to a refund.

The goods are not as described, you are entitled to a refund.

NO IFS, NO BUTS!

Latest

Trending

Trending