Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I had braces about 6 years ago. I had a lot of work done I had really bad buck teeth and a huge underbite. Got two teeth on top removed (one on each side), all my front teeth pulled back to close the gap and braces with bands to pull my lower jaw forward. The results were great and I had really nice teeth.

Fast forward to now and my bottom front four teeth are a mess, crooked etc. My top front four teeth have also moved as well, and it's all the front teeth so it's what people see when I'm talking. Overall my teeth are nowhere near as bad as they used to be but the way they are now it's more noticeable because it's just the front teeth and I'm really conscious of it.

My first set of braces were on the NHS. I could be wrong but I don't think they'll pay for them again. What are my options? To be clear I don't think I would require braces for very long. It is only these 8 teeth the rest have managed to stay in place. How much would braces cost or is there a way for the NHS to fund them again? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any help appreciated
Amellia123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I had braces about 6 years ago. I had a lot of work done I had really bad buck teeth and a huge underbite. Got two teeth on top removed (one on each side), all my front teeth pulled back to close the gap and braces with bands to pull my lower jaw forward. The results were great and I had really nice teeth.

Fast forward to now and my bottom front four teeth are a mess, crooked etc. My top front four teeth have also moved as well, and it's all the front teeth so it's what people see when I'm talking. Overall my teeth are nowhere near as bad as they used to be but the way they are now it's more noticeable because it's just the front teeth and I'm really conscious of it.

My first set of braces were on the NHS. I could be wrong but I don't think they'll pay for them again. What are my options? To be clear I don't think I would require braces for very long. It is only these 8 teeth the rest have managed to stay in place. How much would braces cost or is there a way for the NHS to fund them again? Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any help appreciated

I am similar to you, my top set of teeth were a mess so had two removed and a brace put on the top and bottom. Now my bottom teeth have infact moved too! Unfortunatley, you can only have your first braces on the NHS, (infact i dont think its completely free anymore)

Usually they llike to give you a brace for minimum of a year as they make minor ajustments to the brace each time you visit, so doing this all in one go would be very painful. Also, the teeth need time in the brace to 'set' to prevent them from moving.

Im not sure how much it would cost, although i assume you can ring up a practise or see your own dentist about it as they are the ones who usually refer to the orthodontist in the first place.

Sorry if this has been of little help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.9%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.78%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.81%
It might lead to more bullying (81)
34.91%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise