The Student Room Group

Is it a good idea to go to university after GCSE’S?

I’m currently 16 and I’m doing my gcse’s, I’m planning on finishing my gcse’s and then my a - levels in Dubai and I will then proceed to go to university in Canada. On the contrary however , I have a friend who’s planning to go to university directly after his gcse’s. He found a university in Dubai ( university isn’t great here) which he agreed to allow him to do his Undergraduate in logistics , he plans to study for 2 years and then finish his degree in Australia to add more validity to his degree. I disagree with this because I feel like having your a- levels done allows for more opportunities, furthermore I believe that he might struggle in university coming straight from his gcse’s. He disagrees. Do you think that it wise to go to university directly ? Might it present any difficulties? Will it put him at a disadvantage in the future? Might employers pick someone with their a-levels and university over someone with just a degree?

All responses are appreciated because I’m hoping to follow in his footsteps, but I would need some opinions first... thanks
Original post by grandmas.cookies
I’m currently 16 and I’m doing my gcse’s, I’m planning on finishing my gcse’s and then my a - levels in Dubai and I will then proceed to go to university in Canada. On the contrary however , I have a friend who’s planning to go to university directly after his gcse’s. He found a university in Dubai ( university isn’t great here) which he agreed to allow him to do his Undergraduate in logistics , he plans to study for 2 years and then finish his degree in Australia to add more validity to his degree. I disagree with this because I feel like having your a- levels done allows for more opportunities, furthermore I believe that he might struggle in university coming straight from his gcse’s. He disagrees. Do you think that it wise to go to university directly ? Might it present any difficulties? Will it put him at a disadvantage in the future? Might employers pick someone with their a-levels and university over someone with just a degree?

All responses are appreciated because I’m hoping to follow in his footsteps, but I would need some opinions first... thanks

Well the biggest difficulty will be the fact that you won't be eligible as you won't have the required qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending