Merstrawberries' 2018 Summer Bucket List :)

Watch
username3323734
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello and ¡bienvenidos!
This is the first year I'm doing a summer bucket list but, considering this is my last summer before university, I may as well!
  • Find a part-time job/Volunteer

I haven't ever been able to find a part-time job yet, but this summer I'm determined to find one. Failing that, I'll volunteer somewhere to gain some experience.
  • Go to Pride in London (I'm working in Spain while this is on, which I wasn't aware of until after posting this list Still, there's always next year!)

This year is the first year that I've really been researching and finding out about different parts of the LGBTQ+ community, and it's fascinating to me. I'd love to be able to go - I live in the North of England and it's rare that we get to go to London in the first place, simply due to travel and accommodation costs. I think it would be a brilliant experience and I'd be able to show my support :pride:
  • Go to a theme park

I don't really go to theme parks in this country - honestly haven't been to one in the UK for about 5 years and would love to be able to take my friends as one last event before we go to our respective universities
  • Get back on track with my Goodreads Reading Challenge

My aim is to read 30 books this year, and, due to exams and revision and stuff, I'm currently 7 books behind...
  • Have a Disney movie marathon with friends

I've always been saying that I want to do this, but this summer - before we all go to our respective universities - is going to be the summer we actually watch Disney films all day
  • Apply to be on Pointless

I'll finally be 18 and my friend and I have been planning this since Yr 10
  • Host a quiz night

With different, themed rounds and a general knowledge round, naturally
  • Participate in a local quiz night

Specifically a themed quiz night, like Disney or music or something
  • Do either Spanish, French or Portuguese everyday

Every. Day. Be it Duolingo, Quizlet vocabulary, or listening to YouTube videos. In September, I'm studying Modern Languages, so I can't let my Spanish slip, and it makes sense to start on my new languages so I'm not thrown in at the deep end when I start
  • Learn to cook at least 3 meals

I can't cook to save my life. It'd be nice to learn.
  • Bake a lemon drizzle cake

It's my favourite type of cake. Basically.
  • Watch at least 5 documentaries

I rarely watch documentaries, but I want to get into them. They're really interesting, and there's always some that I've been meaning to watch for ages!
  • Visit the local museum

I've lived in here my entire life but I've never visited the local museum - I keep forgetting it exists quite frankly
  • Do a 30-day exercise challenge

This was one of my new year's resolutions too, but I haven't got round to it yet. This summer, I will (hopefully...)
  • Try to ‘thrift and flip’

Involving the act of buying clothes from charity shops to make into something else. It looks fun, and I can't sew to save my life, so it'll be cool to see what monstrosity I can create.
  • Try cross-stitching again

It's a way of relaxing and getting lost in your thoughts that I've kind of given up recently - I'd quite like to pick it up again
  • Finish the Sherlock Holmes series

I've finished 'A Study in Scarlet & The Sign of Four' and, hopefully, by the time my exams are finished I'll have finished 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes'. Then I've only got 4 more books left then I've read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I'm determined :cool:
  • Have my hair cut short

Meaning I don't have to do much with it, because I'm lazy
  • Attempt to cover a song using all 3 instruments

I play the electronic keyboard, ukulele and guitar, and my Dad suggested that I should try and cover a song where I use all three - like a one woman band, but YouTube video style :laugh:
  • Paint a watercolour

I've always enjoyed using watercolour, and I want to try it again

KEY:
Incomplete
Started
Complete!
Special task
Can't go ahead

Currently I'm in the middle of exam season, but I'll hopefully be updating this thread with updates as to how I'm getting on
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Merstrawberries)
Hello and ¡bienvenidos!
This is the first year I'm doing a summer bucket list but, considering this is my last summer before university, I may as well!

I haven't ever been able to find a part-time job yet, but this summer I'm determined to find one. Failing that, I'll volunteer somewhere to gain some experience.
  • Go to Pride in London

This year is the first year that I've really been researching and finding out about different parts of the LGBTQ+ community, and it's fascinating to me. I'd love to be able to go - I live in the North of England and it's rare that we get to go to London in the first place, simply due to travel and accommodation costs. I think it would be a brilliant experience and I'd be able to show my support :pride:
  • Go to a theme park

I don't really go to theme parks in this country - honestly haven't been to one in the UK for about 5 years...
  • Get back on track with my Goodreads Reading Challenge

My aim is to read 30 books this year, and, due to exams and revision and stuff, I'm currently 7 books behind...
  • Have a Disney movie marathon with friends

I've always been saying that I want to do this, but this summer - before we all go to our respective universities - is going to be the summer we actually watch Disney films all day
  • Apply to be on Pointless

I'll finally be 18 and my friend and I have been planning this since Yr 10
  • Host a quiz night

With different, themed rounds and a general knowledge round, naturally
  • Participate in a local quiz night

Specifically a themed quiz night, like Disney or music or something
  • Do either Spanish, French or Portuguese everyday

Every. Day. Be it Duolingo, Quizlet vocabulary, or listening to YouTube videos. In September, I'm studying Modern Languages, so I can't let my Spanish slip, and it makes sense to start on my new languages so I'm not thrown in at the deep end when I start
  • Learn to cook at least 3 meals

I can't cook to save my life. It'd be nice to learn.
  • Bake a lemon drizzle cake

It's my favourite type of cake. Basically.
  • Watch at least 5 documentaries

I rarely watch documentaries, but I want to get into them. They're really interesting, and there's always some that I've been meaning to watch for ages!
  • Visit the local museum

I've lived in here my entire life but I've never visited the local museum - I keep forgetting it exists quite frankly
  • Do a 30-day exercise challenge

This was one of my new year's resolutions too, but I haven't got round to it yet. This summer, I will (hopefully...)
  • Try to ‘thrift and flip’

Involving the act of buying clothes from charity shops to make into something else. It looks fun, and I can't sew to save my life, so it'll be cool to see what monstrosity I can create.
  • Try cross-stitching again

It's a way of relaxing and getting lost in your thoughts that I've kind of given up recently - I'd quite like to pick it up again
  • Finish the Sherlock Holmes series

I've finished 'A Study in Scarlet & The Sign of Four' and, hopefully, by the time my exams are finished I'll have finished 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes'. Then I've only got 4 more books left then I've read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories. I'm determined :cool:
  • Have my hair cut short

Meaning I don't have to do much with it, because I'm lazy
  • Attempt to cover a song using all 3 instruments

I play the electronic keyboard, ukulele and guitar, and my Dad suggested that I should try and cover a song where I use all three - like a one woman band, but YouTube video style :laugh:
  • Paint a watercolour

I've always enjoyed using watercolour, and I want to try it again

KEY:
Incomplete
Started
Complete!
Special task

Currently I'm in the middle of exam season, but I'll hopefully be updating this thread with updates as to how I'm getting on
Ahh I love that your special task is London Pride. It's such a lovely day! This is such a lovely and pretty creative list, I particularly like the watch 5 documentaries (I LOVE DOCUMENTAIRES) and the lemon cake one (cus lemon cake is delicious). I'm really looking forward to keeping up with this
username3323734
Rep:
?
  • Go to Pride in London

The first one on my bucket list is complete! I was able to find an au pair job in Barcelona for the summer! I fly out in 2 weeks' time!
However, it does mean that I'm going to miss Pride
Therefore, I'm going to have to delete that off my bucket list and, instead, alter which my special choice is, which is a shame.
Still, there's always next year!
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck with the painting :hugs: here if you want/need any tips :ninja:
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Merstrawberries lovely idea about going to Pride - are you able to get to a different one, if you're away for London?
username3323734
Rep:
?
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Merstrawberries lovely idea about going to Pride - are you able to get to a different one, if you're away for London?
I'm away until middle of August, which means I'm going to miss the majority of them that I'm able to get to
Still there's always next year!
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm away until middle of August, which means I'm going to miss the majority of them that I'm able to get to
Still there's always next year!
Oh no, that's a shame! Definitely true though, there will be just as many next year too

I hope you enjoy your holiday :woo:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hope you have a great time away :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (140)
14.37%
I'm not sure (42)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (291)
29.88%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (476)
48.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed