The Student Room Group

Dealing with loneliness

Help me cos I am so ****ing lonely right now. Yeah I talk to people but if i were to initiate conversation then nobody would talk to me. I even tried it once...left social media for a few days, went back and nada...no check up or anything. i go to the gym a lot to try and keep my mental health at bay but its not like I can spend all my time working out...its taking its toll and i dont know what to do.
Reply 1
if i weren't to initiate conversation*
Nothing about you strikes me as boring or weird. talk to me
I kind of understand how you feel, because I go through similar stuff. It gets to a point where
you get tired of trying to build conversations
Don't feel that way!

Honestly, a distraction is good but if it isn't a distraction in the sense it offers you comfort for that time-it's not productive, I can imagine you being down at the gym too.

Is there anyone you can talk to, family wise or medically?

If they don't care, it hurts, but ignore it. Don't expect for them to come back to you, because they probably won't and focus on what your life challenges are and developing yourself.

If you want to PM me feel free, I don't want anyone feeling lonely :frown: :smile:
i literally dealt with my loneliness throughout the summer holidays by going to the gym, i get how you feel.
Reply 6
Don't worry every one in life goes though a rough time and they get through it .....people will love you for who u are and don't change your self just for other ...why I know this because I experienced it. ...if you don't go on social media for a long period of time and then when u do log in u find NO messages it just mean other ARE selfish and are missing out to talk to someone so special and amazing LIKE all of YOU!!

if you do feel lonely do What u love and makes YOU happy and do what defines you and don't let negative people surround you xx......

don't worry Be strong !!!AND BELIEVE ii your self
Im currently building my career...I'm going through the application process for the RAF, but it still takes months and months...I'm working towards these goals but like i said, it's starting to take its toll on me...the gym is a huge help but again, I can't be there all the time, as much as I'd like to be. - Original poster

Quick Reply

Latest