?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can coffee make you tired?
Sydmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me, coffee does absolutely nothing to my energy levels. I drink it dark with no milk and I am "one of those" who buy their beans from a tiny little industrial unit and grind them myself.. But still, it doesn't do anything for me other than be a nice, flavourful drink.

For others, it can keep them up all night if they have it as early as 3pm!

Everyones metabolism is different. How you digest and process the caffeine once you ingest is will likely be different to someone else. To answer the question, does it make you tired? Yeah, possibly! If it affects your ability to sleep and your sleep pattern is disrupted, that's definitely a way it can influence you.
A.Montgomery
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sydmin)
For me, coffee does absolutely nothing to my energy levels. I drink it dark with no milk and I am "one of those" who buy their beans from a tiny little industrial unit and grind them myself.. But still, it doesn't do anything for me other than be a nice, flavourful drink.

For others, it can keep them up all night if they have it as early as 3pm!

Everyones metabolism is different. How you digest and process the caffeine once you ingest is will likely be different to someone else. To answer the question, does it make you tired? Yeah, possibly! If it affects your ability to sleep and your sleep pattern is disrupted, that's definitely a way it can influence you.
I'm the same I feel like it doesn't really keep me up, it only raises my energy levels a tiny tiny bit but It tastes good so I'm addicted haha

Yesterday I drank it and thought it would keep me up longer so I could revise but I felt like It got me more tired haha
independentx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Coffee is like alcohol - it affects everybody differently. For me personally, coffee does nothing. If I was tired before drinking coffee, I'll still be tired after drinking coffee (energy drinks, which I don't have often, are the only thing that affect my energy levels after drinking them - even alcohol doesn't). I can drink coffee at 11pm and still fall asleep at 11.30!

For others though coffee makes them bounce off the walls (in the case of young kids) or keeps them up all night if they drink it in the afternoon or evening.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does nothing for me also, I drink several a day and sleep fine most of the time.
independentx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by random_matt)
Does nothing for me also, I drink several a day and sleep fine most of the time.
Same for me. If I can't sleep I can never blame coffee.
A.Montgomery
Rep:
?
(Original post by independentx)
Same for me. If I can't sleep I can never blame coffee.
i was hoping it would keep me up haha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads