Destroy civilisation and start over?

Watch
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes it's easier to make a clean start than to fix something. Poverty, conflict, overpopulation... All of that could potentially be eliminated if we were to start over with a carefully planned society. Why not also control genetics? Pick the right people and eliminate anything undesirable. Preserve scientific knowledge only, then erase anything that might cause problems, such as religion, literature, recorded history, etc. The remaining human population, preferably raised in a sterile, isolated environment, could be conditioned into a conformative, united society prioritising scientific progress and space exploration.

It might also be an opportunity to experiment. Create several societies planned in different ways, some more libertarian, others more authoritarian, for example, and the data gathered here could be used to plan the final product. Additionally, the same could be done with different genetic populations.
adamantacademic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pretty much global communism
username521617
Rep:
?
(Original post by adamantacademic)
Pretty much global communism
Not necessarily. Things like capitalism and enterprise could be kept.
Rhiaaaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
New african children adverts 2019:

Donate £2 a month to aid us to kill the children in poverty. A child shall no longer die every 2 minutes if we kill them all right now!
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
Not necessarily. Things like capitalism and enterprise could be kept.
Yes but the ‘restart’ process could be achieved through a communist revolution, that would hypothetically terminate religious practice, social division, economic imbalance etc. Then markets and government agenda could be liberalised
username521617
Rep:
?
Yes but the ‘restart’ process could be achieved through a communist revolution, that would hypothetically terminate religious practice, social division, economic imbalance etc. Then markets and government agenda could be liberalised
I was thinking more along the lines of a nuclear war or other means of mass extermination. We just keep the genetic stock we want and start again from the very beginning, ground up.
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was thinking more along the lines of a nuclear war or other means of mass extermination. We just keep the genetic stock we want and start again from the very beginning, ground up.
Issue with that is environmental backlash, expenditure and long term impacts such as radioactivity and infirm vegetation. Mass extermination makes your idea seem like an exclusive personal agenda rather than fruitful revolution for mankind
username521617
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rhiaaaaa)
New african children adverts 2019:

Donate £2 a month to aid us to kill the children in poverty. A child shall no longer die every 2 minutes if we kill them all right now!
Are we thinking bombing, supervirus...?
Rhiaaaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are we thinking bombing, supervirus...?
Bombing is too expensive. And they have ebola anyway. Maybe if we cut off all help and quarantined the whole of Africa continent they should all be dead in a few years we may need to send in isis. We can do the same to south america its useless.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd support this.
username521617
Rep:
?
Issue with that is environmental backlash, expenditure and long term impacts such as radioactivity and infirm vegetation. Mass extermination makes your idea seem like an exclusive personal agenda rather than fruitful revolution for mankind
The environmental impact is a concern, but we could keep a few generations in subterranean habitats until the surface is ready to be recolonised.

Mass extermination allows the population to be controlled and facilitates the eugenics process. Wipe out most of the population, keeping only the very fittest individuals. It's essentially a cull.
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh easiest way to eradicate civilian populations is to liaise with governments and corporations and lethally infect waterways, energy companies could kill the lucky ones off with Carbon monoxide. As for indigenous, outdoor and travelling communities, armed groups could be deployed to clear them off
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is a great film concept tho though I strongly disagree as the plan doesn’t consider technological operations, management and development of existing infrastructure
username521617
Rep:
?
Oh easiest way to eradicate civilian populations is to liaise with governments and corporations and lethally infect waterways, energy companies could kill the lucky ones off with Carbon monoxide. As for indigenous, outdoor and travelling communities, armed groups could be deployed to clear them off
All it takes is one nuke, though, and then every nation is launching. I feel like it would be very hard to convince governments and corporations to poison everyone.

Our evil organisation (which you are now totally a part of, by the way) just needs to infiltrate the governments of the nuclear powers and get the ball rolling.
JAMIEJAY2018
Badges: 12
Report 3 years ago
I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes it's easier to make a clean start than to fix something. Poverty, conflict, overpopulation... All of that could potentially be eliminated if we were to start over with a carefully planned society. Why not also control genetics? Pick the right people and eliminate anything undesirable. Preserve scientific knowledge only, then erase anything that might cause problems, such as religion, literature, recorded history, etc. The remaining human population, preferably raised in a sterile, isolated environment, could be conditioned into a conformative, united society prioritising scientific progress and space exploration.

It might also be an opportunity to experiment. Create several societies planned in different ways, some more libertarian, others more authoritarian, for example, and the data gathered here could be used to plan the final product. Additionally, the same could be done with different genetic populations.
Historically I have been pretty poor at 'metal' and 'wood' work BUT I would be more than happy to help you create either a physical or cyber 'Ark'.

Just one condition, well two really, can you provide me with food and water during our beautiful construction?
username521617
Rep:
?
(Original post by JAMIEJAY2018)
Historically I have been pretty poor at 'metal' and 'wood' work BUT I would be more than happy to help you create either a physical or cyber 'Ark'.

Just one condition, well two really, can you provide me with food and water during our beautiful construction?
We're gonna build it down in Antarctica somewhere I reckon. Secretly. You can eat all the penguin you want.
verier
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OP great idea, let's start ASAP the elimination from you
JAMIEJAY2018
Badges: 12
Report 3 years ago
We're gonna build it down in Antarctica somewhere I reckon. Secretly. You can eat all the penguin you want.
Cooked well or 'ceviche-style' - this could be a deal breaker for me.
username3832246
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Designer babies!
adamantacademic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All it takes is one nuke, though, and then every nation is launching. I feel like it would be very hard to convince governments and corporations to poison everyone.

Our evil organisation (which you are now totally a part of, by the way) just needs to infiltrate the governments of the nuclear powers and get the ball rolling.
Ok in a practical sense nuking seems best way forward however I think we should exhaust all other methods, the single reason being environment impact - global nuking would affect us in terms of air quality and what not, hence I suggested the elite liaison plan however in reality the proposition would be reported. A cleaner way to implement mass fatality would probably be bombing: public food stocks, energy supplies, military facilities, all essential infrastructure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.92%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
24.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
11.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.42%

Watched Threads