danaaltajer
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm trying to choose text guides to buy for GCSE English. I have the CGP one for Inspector Calls and the points seem a bit vague. So is CGP or York Notes better?
danaaltajer
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Btw the texts I do are:
- Macbeth
- Jekyll and Hyde
- An Inspector Calls
- Power and Conflict poetry
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danaaltajer)
I'm trying to choose text guides to buy for GCSE English. I have the CGP one for Inspector Calls and the points seem a bit vague. So is CGP or York Notes better?
I don't advise using books for AIC at all - there's so many resources online pm me if u need any. I just did my gcses so, I can spare them. Theres so many detailed analysis videos
platinum26
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'd say defo York notes, they go in much more detail... for macbeth I had the A level version which is an utter god-send as it has loads of context!
Rees fam
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PrazzPrazz)
I don't advise using books for AIC at all - there's so many resources online pm me if u need any. I just did my gcses so, I can spare them. Theres so many detailed analysis videos
Would you be able to message me any ideas for inspector calls revision if can remember still please
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I found York notes more better than CGP for learning and CGP more better for revising. However, I personally liked York notes overall
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I didn't like either of them, to be honest. There are so many good resources online which I cant link if you want.
Rees fam
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I found York notes more better than CGP for learning and CGP more better for revising. However, I personally liked York notes overall
Thank you . Very useful x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.41%
Okay (114)
29.01%
A bit lacking (150)
38.17%
Not good at all (92)
23.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed