Most effective way to revise for English Lit A Level

Watch
katie091000
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have my mocks coming up next month, (the grades go onto uni,) and I am unsure of how to revise most effectively.

I am on the OCR exam board, and my mock exam will cover Rossetti Poetry, Ibsen's 'A Dolls House,' and Measure for Measure.

I know that for Measure for Measure I need to learn act summaries and quotes, and I need to do similar things for the rest- I'm just unsure of how to go out actually retaining the information.

If anyone has done an exam in these subtopics, or has any advice that would be great
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by katie091000)
I have my mocks coming up next month, (the grades go onto uni,) and I am unsure of how to revise most effectively.

I am on the OCR exam board, and my mock exam will cover Rossetti Poetry, Ibsen's 'A Dolls House,' and Measure for Measure.

I know that for Measure for Measure I need to learn act summaries and quotes, and I need to do similar things for the rest- I'm just unsure of how to go out actually retaining the information.

If anyone has done an exam in these subtopics, or has any advice that would be great
You will need a set of notes so you understand:

Plot
Themes
Characters
Writers technique

You might want to compile a list of references and quotes.

You then need to practice essays. Look at past papers and this is where you perfect your essay technique. The questions will be on one of the above and you have to construct a rational response showing your understanding of the question and knowledge of the text to form an opinion.

Practice.

Somewhere along the line you will retain information. If not make a note of what you forgot and try again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads