The Student Room Group

HISTORY EDEXCEL iGCSE PREDICTIONS : 04/06/18

Predictions for History Edexcel iGCSE exam on Monday 4th June and Friday 8th June.

The topics I'm doing are:

Paper 1 - International Relations, Stalin
Paper 2 - Middle East, USA
I'm doing:

Paper 1 - Development of a Dictatorship in Germany, Superpower Relations (the Cold War)
Paper 2 - USA, China

For Germany, I'm guessing that Hitler's rise to power will be a question, and for the Cold War maybe a question about the Korean War.
For the USA, something about the Red Scare or immigration since those topics haven't come up in the exams lately.
I have absolutely no clue for China - it's anyone's guess since the questions can be so varied.
Original post by EnglishMuffin_
I'm doing:

Paper 1 - Development of a Dictatorship in Germany, Superpower Relations (the Cold War)
Paper 2 - USA, China

For Germany, I'm guessing that Hitler's rise to power will be a question, and for the Cold War maybe a question about the Korean War.
For the USA, something about the Red Scare or immigration since those topics haven't come up in the exams lately.
I have absolutely no clue for China - it's anyone's guess since the questions can be so varied.

Yea I completely agree with your paper 1 predictions, the Korean War Is defo gonna come up. I hope the timelines are easy af!!
Original post by alicewarren
Yea I completely agree with your paper 1 predictions, the Korean War Is defo gonna come up. I hope the timelines are easy af!!

Yeah, same!
Since the timeline question is meant to be "easy" it really throws me through a loop if I don't know what something is. I hope they don't give us anything too terrible like when the FDR was set up or a bunch of conferences to confuse us.
Yeah, same!
Since the timeline question is meant to be "easy" it really throws me through a loop if I don't know what something is. I hope they don't give us anything too terrible like when the FDR was set up or a bunch of conferences to confuse us.

How'd u find it??
Anyone just done edexcel warfare?
And British Society?
Reply 7
I did International Relations and Russia, both went so well and I’m very happy ! :smile:
Original post by alicewarren
How'd u find it??

I found it pretty decent! The questions were quite straightforward, no curve-balls. I did find the source for the Superpower Relations 10 marker a little unhelpful, since I didn't feel it gave you a lot to work with.
What about you?
I'm doing:

Paper 2 - USA, China

Any idea what the China 15 marker or key feature will be?? I’m really struggling - how do you revise for it?
[QUOTE="char_2002;77930274"]Predictions for History Edexcel iGCSE exam on Monday 4th June and Friday 8th June.

Paper 2 - Middle East, USA[/QUOTE
Original post by char_2002
Predictions for History Edexcel iGCSE exam on Monday 4th June and Friday 8th June.

Paper 2 - Middle East, USA

Any predictions for the Middle East????
I'm doing:

Paper 2 - USA, China

Hiii. i did the exact same topics. paper 1 was pretty solid all easy questions.

paper two USA was easy. for inferences i wrote about more freedom as they are dancing, they are proud of what they are doing as they are smiling, they deviated from traditions, and made more daring fashion choices as they are wearing short dresses.
for the 7 marker i wrote agree about change in role in jobs and stock market but disagree as source B says there was still inequality and C only mentions positive change however overall more support than challenge
for the 15 marker i wrote how flappers did and dint constitute a change then i explained the following factors:
war
19th amendment
cinema, entertainment, radios
labour saving devices
stock market
concluded by saying war was most important cause and overall all causes combined and flappers not necessarily most important.

As for china the 3 marker and 7 marker were straight forward, i picked the long march for the key features question.

for the 15 marker, apart from the given points, i wrote about:

Deng's reforms 1963-66
(cultural revolution)
Deng's Four modernisations
(democracy movement and wall)
Tienanmen square massacre

i wrote that the extent of change of threat was massive, it fluctuated greatly over the years 1963-89 and most the important change was the Tienanmen square massacre as is made all the threats built up over the years 1963-88 virtually obsolete, however externally it introduced an international more large scale threat as it horrified western superpowers.

I hope that was all correct. what did u write?

Quick Reply