The Student Room Group

Music To Revise For Spanish Listening?

This has probably been asked many times, but is it reccomended to listen to songs such as despacito (but in spanish) to improve my vocabulary? Will I naturally pick up words as I listen, or perhaps take notes on words I don't understand?
Original post by Slit BodMod
This has probably been asked many times, but is it reccomended to listen to songs such as despacito (but in spanish) to improve my vocabulary? Will I naturally pick up words as I listen, or perhaps take notes on words I don't understand?

I would say so, yes. Songs will often contain vocab, idioms and grammatical structures that you don't see in lessons and so this method can be an effective (and enjoyable!) way of absorbing more Spanish.
Reply 2
Original post by Slit BodMod

Of course!

Any sort of engagement with the language will benefit you - maybe take notes if you want to improve your vocabulary - however loads of words are repeated in songs so you can probably guess what they mean. I would suggest reading the lyrics as you listen to the music so you can learn to keep up with how the language is spoken and it'll help when it comes to the exam.

Spanish radio (there are loads of apps which have all the stations) and TV shows which you can find on Netflix are really helpful too and will defo give you an advantage in the exam. I watched Jane the Virgin and Chicas del cable for my GCSE revision. :wink:

¡Buena suerte!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending