Am I fat?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm 5ft 5 usually fit into clothes around size 12. Most of my friends say I'm hourglass shaped (28in waist and 39in hips) but the other day I heard a group of guys laughing about me being fat.
Do they have a point or should I let it go?
Krishna1601
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't call u fat
those guys are just dumb
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
ignore them, it's not worth it. there's always going to be someone who has a negative opinion, as long as you're healthy and happy about how you look then I wouldn't worry.
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No you’re not fat. Some people will find anything to pick on.
ellie145
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Someone is always going to be opinionated but you as a person will be perfect the way you are. No you’re certainly not fat!!
Mr Sc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think you could reasonably call anyone who fits size 12 'fat' to be honest. If you have no problems with your look, just maintain your health. If there's something particular you'd like to work on to please yourself, work on it. There isn't much to be gained from worrying about the opinions of people who point and laugh like young children.
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't sigh
But check your BMI
It will give you an idea
But it may not be clear
Only you can decide
If you feel fat
But I doubt that
The guys were being serious when laughing
Just insecure 'cuz they're the ones who're fat
So they act like an annoying bat
Getting in your face and intimidating
But don't let that get you down
Don't let that be limiting
Don't frown
Just ignore
'Cuz their intimidation just bores.
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't say you sound fat and a 28" waist is withing the healthy category (women should be less than 31"). People can be horrible and everyone has 'opinions'. Those boys would probably mock a skinny girl for having small boobs even though they know they're not likely to get anywhere with any girl-fat, skinny or in the middle. People tease or bully because of their own insecurities. You're not fat, ignore them!
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
I am the same height as you and I would probably be in the overweight category (based on BMI) at a size 12. However, everyone is built differently so you may well not be overweight - my waist size is only 3 inches smaller than yours and I am a size 6-8 (BMI 19.1)
BeeAmber11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys are full of sh*t they love to pick at anything on girls to put them down but dont listen to them its just because they are insecure about their self and putting people down makes them feel better about them-self. Everyone all sizes and shapes are beautiful if others cant see that then they arent worth it
tomc02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 5ft 5 usually fit into clothes around size 12. Most of my friends say I'm hourglass shaped (28in waist and 39in hips) but the other day I heard a group of guys laughing about me being fat.
Do they have a point or should I let it go?
don't listen to them
it doesn't matter
Randyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I honestly find it such useless advice to say 'just ignore those guys' or 'it doesn't matter dont worry' clearly it matters to you and bothers you so why say there is no problem, just give a solution to the problem. And then if you decide that you are fine the way you are then that is your choice and everyone will be happy.

The way I see it there are 3 things you can do

1. Change it, not just for them but for yourself, if it didn't bother you at all you wouldn't have thought twice about hearing them talking about you. It's something completely possible. Exercise and diet, if you're doing neither at the moment even just one of them could help a lot. Don't think about it like you're doing it for them but rather for yourself and those who love you.

2. Decide you are perfectly fine you are as you are now. Accept yourself for what you are and don't work on improving yourself (not saying you need to but we can all improve ourselves)

3. Decide you are 'fat' and do nothing about it. Just feel bad about it, maybe crying burns calories who knows

I wish you all the best, take control of your life. My brother once told me 'You are the King of your life' and I guess it applies to girls aswell haha GL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (733)
33.86%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (926)
42.77%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed