Anyone used Laptop Outlet before? Are they reliable/safe?

Watch
Lilli the Putian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Looking to buy a laptop for uni and seen one I like but it appears to be about £150 cheaper on here than on sites I know e.g. Currys (this is before student discount - I know they offer 15% off)

Obviously it looks like a bargain but my mum is concerned it could be too good to be true.

Has anyone here used them before? Were they legit?
clareeey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I haven't used them before but,
A good place to start checking up on any website you haven't heard of much before is trustpilot. If their reviews seem generally positive and seem genuine- check reviewers have done other reviews it should be okay
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/laptopoutlet.co.uk
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haven't used them but, just to provide an opinion... I just spent five minutes on Google looking at stuff about the company and I wouldn't personally order anything from them. For me to consider buying something of value from an 'unknown' company, they need to come across as really, really good, and this company barely scrapes an average.

Places like Currys often jack up the price of stuff so they can put it 'on sale' the next month, so might be worth waiting to see if that happens.
michaelthomas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

i have a good experience with laptop bought laptop ideapad 320 i would like to say excellent service and excellent product very fast easy to setup good build design good customer support on time delivery, prices are cheaper, large variety of laptops and tablets for students they are giving 15% discount highly recommended
Last edited by michaelthomas; 1 year ago
Samero072
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It is safe to buy in Laptop Outlet if they have return option. Their work is legal i suppose, otherwise they'd closed. But i have bought my laptop at Amazon.
Last edited by Samero072; 8 months ago
nereide
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I know it’s too late for advise but I’ll tell my experience.Returned a faulty tablet which I believe was damaged upon arrival, they didn’t want to give me refund saying it was damaged. I asked to contact a courier etc.It’s been 6 months since I returned the tablet but still waiting for replacement or refund.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.77%
I'm not sure (16)
3.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.78%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (206)
46.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed