Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've been so exhausted for a couple of days that I can hardly keep my eyes open at college.
    My sleeping pattern has not changed at all, nor has my eating pattern. I've just been under A LOT of pressure from coursework. I'll admit to suffering from anxiety/possible depression also.

But this is verging on the ridiculous now. All I could think about all day was sleeping, and as soon as I got in at 3.15 I fell asleep fully clothed in bed, which wasn't intentional, and got woekn up by my mum at 6.30.
    I know naps are normal, but I actually feel weak with tirdness.

I also have memory loss. I remeber consciously coming in for 4th period yesterday after havning the morning off, but in class today I realised I didn't actually go to the lesson. I have no idea where I did go, but I DID turn up to school, because I went to see a teacher in the afternoon about some coursework. That whole hour has dissapeared.

I got all confused in class, a little upset and now I have a feeling the people in it think I'm going mad. I still can't remember where I was, and I'm pretty sure it's down to being too tired.

I'm probably over reacting, but this is not normal for me. Any advice/experiences?

P.s sorry for the really bad spelling, half awake still!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctors. It's not normal, no.

ReputationRep:
    If stress is putting you under this much stress, both see your doctor and talk to your teachers and head of year or whatever. Take a parent if you think you're not capable of putting together your arguement and get extensions/time off to help you. Members of staff at your school are there to help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artorscience?)
    If stress is putting you under this much stress, both see your doctor and talk to your teachers and head of year or whatever. Take a parent if you think you're not capable of putting together your arguement and get extensions/time off to help you. Members of staff at your school are there to help you.
    Tht's good advice, thankyou.
    We have a fantastic 6th form team at my school, I just haven't seen them for help in a while. I'm going to go tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a case of clinical depression

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty this happened to A LOT of my friends while we were sitting A levels as we were all big bundles of stress/nerves/anxiety and basically over exhausted ourselves!!!! But if you're worried it would be worth a word with your GP to be on the safe side
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You should see your GP as it could be low iron levels/a thyroid problem - they will be able to do some tests and see if it is anything physical or if it could be stress etc.

ReputationRep:
    I felt like that for a few months - always absolutely exhausted and lethargic. I had every blood test under the sun and a chest X-ray but there was absolutely nothing wrong with me. It went away eventually and now I feel normal again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    I felt like that for a few months - always absolutely exhausted and lethargic. I had every blood test under the sun and a chest X-ray but there was absolutely nothing wrong with me. It went away eventually and now I feel normal again!
    When this happened to me a few months ago I got it into my head that I had diabetes for some reason. I was tempted to get blood tests bcause I had sudden unexpected energy crashes, like in the middle of driving lessons. Could barely stay awake. I think I'm going to ask my doctor what she thinks, I'm just worried that I'm just getting problems that other people of my age and under the same pressure get...

ReputationRep:
    You're not on any medication are you??? Because some can cause tiredness/dizziness/confusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospective student)
    You're not on any medication are you??? Because some can cause tiredness/dizziness/confusion.
    Erm yes actually. Cipralex for anti anxiety/depression.
    Hasn't really given me much trouble of this kind before though. Although my doc did up the dose 3 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PippaLove)
    Erm yes actually. Cipralex for anti anxiety/depression.
    Hasn't really given me much trouble of this kind before though. Although my doc did up the dose 3 weeks ago.
    Bingo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PippaLove)
    When this happened to me a few months ago I got it into my head that I had diabetes for some reason. I was tempted to get blood tests bcause I had sudden unexpected energy crashes, like in the middle of driving lessons. Could barely stay awake. I think I'm going to ask my doctor what she thinks, I'm just worried that I'm just getting problems that other people of my age and under the same pressure get...
    Yeah I was worried I had diabetes, and for a bit I was even worried I had cancer! I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so that doesn't really help! There's a term for the condition of unexplained tiredness called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which I reckon I might have had a mild form of, although my doctor told me there's a lot of debate in the medical world of whether it actually exists or not!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.