OCR A History coursework as a private candidate Watch

Mai_kalantar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey guys - basically I will be pursuing my studies as a private candidate during the 2018-19 academic year (my second year of A-levels). To be able to sit my history exams (OCR board/option A) I will have to first have to find a dlc/college/centre/school that does the OCR board for History and get them to authenticate my coursework. However, all places that I have contacted only do AQA/Edexcel coursework authenticication. So, my question is - is anyone here aware of any colleges/centres/schools/DLCs that take OCR as the board for A-level History? It would be preferred if it was in Coventry, West Midlands but any other location is welcome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have you looked at https://www.tutorsandexams.uk/ ? They have a Coventry centre.
Mai_kalantar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Have you looked at https://www.tutorsandexams.uk/ ? They have a Coventry centre.
Yes actually they were my first option. Tutorsandexams asked me to sign up to a DLC on their page. I contacted all of th DLCs but none of them do OCR A board for History they either do AQA or Edexcel and so said they couldn’t authenticate my coursework
h123a
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Mai_kalantar)
Yes actually they were my first option. Tutorsandexams asked me to sign up to a DLC on their page. I contacted all of th DLCs but none of them do OCR A board for History they either do AQA or Edexcel and so said they couldn’t authenticate my coursework
Phone OCR Contact Centre and they will let you know where your nearest Centre is
Mai_kalantar
Rep:
?
(Original post by h123a)
Phone OCR Contact Centre and they will let you know where your nearest Centre is
Ok thank you for your help and time
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by h123a)
Have you tried this and does it work? I'm not sure OCR would even be able to give you a useful answer. Almost every secondary school in England is registered with OCR but very few accept private candidates at all and far fewer than that would accept a private candidate to undertake NEA through them as they would be unable to authenticate it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (162)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (86)
9.89%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (145)
16.67%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (125)
14.37%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (84)
9.66%
How can I be the best version of myself? (268)
30.8%

Watched Threads