?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Medicine or dentistry and pros and cons if u can
hennersfl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What is making it a hard choice for you, what do you like about both fields and what do you dislike? But to give a brief bit of knowledge, my mums a nurse practitioner and is close friends with a lot of the surgeons and they often try to get their children to avoid medicine because how horrible being a junior doctor is. On the other hand my uncle is a dentist and also said to people that it’s no where near as good as when he was new to it and that even when he did it it was very high pressured. Both of these aren’t talking about the immense satisfaction that come with both careers. I’ll be able to give you some better advice when I know more about your position. A good book about medicine is ‘so you want to be a brain surgeon’ and ‘so you want to be a doctor’ the first about a career in medicine the latter about getting in to medicine I highly recommend you get these two books.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.14%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed