The Student Room Group

Reversed into a car

So today I reversed into a car. The car belongs to a guy I know who has a car rental company. I gave my details to the guy who rented the car out.But I know the person who owns the rental company, if he decides he wants to go through insurance will I also have to tell my insurance or will it be fine for me to do nothing as he has my details
very helpful answer
Thank you for making society an untrustworthy place, if you had an atom of sincerity you would have waited for the victim to come, apologise and reach a reconciliation
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So today I reversed into a car. The car belongs to a guy I know who has a car rental company. I gave my details to the guy who rented the car out.But I know the person who owns the rental company, if he decides he wants to go through insurance will I also have to tell my insurance or will it be fine for me to do nothing as he has my details

I'm not sure, I don't drive but I think you need to contact your insurance company because they deal with this kind of thing.
Reply 4

You're obliged to inform your insurance company irrespective of whether you intend to claim.

You have to tell your insurance about the incident, no matter if you or the 3rd party claimed or not.

@AngryJellyfish C&M please.
Original post by IWMTom
You're obliged to inform your insurance company irrespective of whether you intend to claim.

^ This.

Because if he tells his insurer, and a couple of weeks or even days down the line they get hold of you, and then your insurer and say "Nah he's made a claim" and your insurer looks at them like "What accident?" - it'll end badly for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending