strength based interview for Border Force 2018 Watch

Walkingwaunderer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello has anyone had a strength based interview for Border Force 2018?
akov
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah I have one but not sure how to prepare for it as there is no guidance. bit nervous
JD_114
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
The only thing you can do is what they stated in the email when they invited you to the interview. You just need to think of how your strengths match the strengths they require of a Border Force Officer:-

1. Skilful communicator
2. Flexible
3. Inquisitive
4. Vigilant
5. Considered
6. Supportive team player
7. Resilient

This is all you can do for a strengths based interview. If you haven't done so already, you should have a look online for what an interview like that is. There's plenty of examples and information.
chelseajade1393
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by akov)
Yeah I have one but not sure how to prepare for it as there is no guidance. bit nervous
Hi, i have my strength based interview for border force tomorrow, how did yours go? Any advice or information would be much appreciated!
JD_114
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by chelseajade1393)
Hi, i have my strength based interview for border force tomorrow, how did yours go? Any advice or information would be much appreciated!
Hi Chelsea,

I'm not sure if you've seen this forum - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5288590 but there's a lot of people on here who have applied for the Border Force for this campaign and some have had interviews. You can't really prepare for a strengths based interview though. Look at the forum though and you can read through some people's experience.
waggy1971
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Silly question.. But did not receive a list of what documents to take to the interview. I am guessing passport drivers license etc.. But what else? As no list provided on the email that was sent... Have sent an email to ask but if anyone can advise as my interview next week
Paul F C
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good luck guys! I’ve checked the civil service site but my status hasn’t changed! Still under review!
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone had an Interview yet? Is it purely strengths based?
Nat0309
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have an interview Thursday for Folkestone / Dover. Not really knowing what to expect. I know it is strength based. Any one got any advice ?
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi
I had my interview last week for Manchester. It was 2 competency based questions and 6 strength based which you can’t really prepare for. My panel was really nice and it was relaxed! Good luck 😉
(Original post by Nat0309)
I have an interview Thursday for Folkestone / Dover. Not really knowing what to expect. I know it is strength based. Any one got any advice ?
Nat0309
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thankyou have you heard anything back yet ? How many people did you have interviewing you ?
(Original post by Runner1708)
Hi
I had my interview last week for Manchester. It was 2 competency based questions and 6 strength based which you can’t really prepare for. My panel was really nice and it was relaxed! Good luck 😉
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Nat0309)
Thankyou have you heard anything back yet ? How many people did you have interviewing you ?
There were 2 from Capita which was a bit of a pain as I wanted to ask some questions but they couldn’t answer lol. No not heard yet, think it’s going to be a long wait again 😬
akov
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’ve waited 8 months since I was told from the April 2018 campaign. Think they might be waiting in the outcome of brexit?
There were 2 from Capita which was a bit of a pain as I wanted to ask some questions but they couldn’t answer lol. No not heard yet, think it’s going to be a long wait again 😬
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ha ha don’t get me started on the crapita campaign! I was also part of that and missed out on an interview as it seemed CS started their and pulled the plug on futher interview slots. Had to apply again which is the one I had the interview for 😬
(Original post by akov)
I’ve waited 8 months since I was told from the April 2018 campaign. Think they might be waiting in the outcome of brexit?
akov
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’ve had my interview last July and passed. I’m on a merit list now and still waiting.
Ha ha don’t get me started on the crapita campaign! I was also part of that and missed out on an interview as it seemed CS started their and pulled the plug on futher interview slots. Had to apply again which is the one I had the interview for 😬
Runner1708
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hope you hear something soon 👍🏻
(Original post by akov)
I’ve had my interview last July and passed. I’m on a merit list now and still waiting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads