The Student Room Group
Original post by JakeB57
I've been recently thinking about what I am going to at A-level and are wondering what others are doing similar to my options and also what they plan to do at uni.
I am doing:
Maths
Physics
Computer science
Further maths or economics

What do you recommend for my final option. I am drawn between doing engineering, computing or economics at uni

Have a look at these.

Whichever one interests you the most and can get the best grade in is the short answer. If you also work out your likely career or degree, then it becomes an easier choice.

Which course?

https://my.sacu-student.com/sacustudent/f?p=SACU_BROWSE0

https://university.which.co.uk/a-level-explorer

Which A levels?

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/six-things-you-need-to-know-before-making-your-a-level-choices
Original post by JakeB57
I've been recently thinking about what I am going to at A-level and are wondering what others are doing similar to my options and also what they plan to do at uni.
I am doing:
Maths
Physics
Computer science

What do you recommend for my final option. I am drawn between doing engineering, computing or economics at uni

They sound like strong choices, but at the end of the day, it's about what YOU wish to study. No-one else can decide that for you.

Pick something that you find interesting. (No-one enjoys doing a job that they hate, so find something that will keep you interested.) Also begin looking at university options post A-levels, that may impact what you may wish to study in the future.

I am also doing computer Science & maths because I find them interesting and there is a shortage of people in the job I wish to work as. Plus my backup path only requires a degree in any subject with a two year conversion course.

Have a look at the websites listed above as they are very useful in making your choices. (I used some of them when making my choices.)

Good luck on your decision! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by JakeB57
I am doing:
Maths
Physics
Computer science

these are excelent choices but some A level subjects are easy and some are hard. maybe if you switch Computer science to IT it wouldnt impact yor choices at uni and youll have a better chance at scoring higher.
Reply 4
Original post by areeshar
these are excelent choices but some A level subjects are easy and some are hard. maybe if you switch Computer science to IT it wouldnt impact yor choices at uni and youll have a better chance at scoring higher.

the thread is from 3 years ago...
Reply 5
Original post by 273544
the thread is from 3 years ago...

lol I'm new here. i am just interacting with students here trying to find someone taking A levels IT.
Reply 6
lol I'm new here. i am just interacting with students here trying to find someone taking A levels IT.

oh okay its just very unlikely that they are still doing their a levels as a levels take usually around 2 years and this post is 3 years old

They've hopefully done A-Levels by now.
Reply 8
Original post by 273544
oh okay its just very unlikely that they are still doing their a levels as a levels take usually around 2 years and this post is 3 years old

yessss. ik lolll. I didn't see when this was posted ( facepalm). well can you tell me if there is a place for A level IT students for 2022 summer.im trying to find my people.
Reply 9
yessss. ik lolll. I didn't see when this was posted ( facepalm). well can you tell me if there is a place for A level IT students for 2022 summer.im trying to find my people.

maybe make a post?
Original post by 273544
maybe make a post?

i did . plenty