The Student Room Group

Missing a uni exam

Hello

So I have an exam tomorrow which is 100% for a module and I’m freaking out because I have a family emergency involving my sister that means I can’t attend tomorrow. I’m a first year student who’s never missed a deadline or exam before so I’m worried if I’ll have to resist the whole year?

I have emailed lecturers and tried to get hold of student support but obviously it’s after hours and there has been no reply yet. I read the terms of missing an exam and it says I may have to provide evidence?! But what evidence could I possibly provide if it’s to do with a relatives illness/accident and not mine? 😩
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

So I have an exam tomorrow which is 100% for a module and I’m freaking out because I have a family emergency involving my sister that means I can’t attend tomorrow. I’m a first year student who’s never missed a deadline or exam before so I’m worried if I’ll have to resist the whole year?

I have emailed lecturers and tried to get hold of student support but obviously it’s after hours and there has been no reply yet. I read the terms of missing an exam and it says I may have to provide evidence?! But what evidence could I possibly provide if it’s to do with a relatives illness/accident and not mine? 😩

Worst comes to worst, if you miss just one exam then you may be able to resit it without any penalties. Let the uni know as you are doing, thy will take It from there
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

You should notify your tutor and department preferably leave a voicemail as well as an e-mail. That needs to be on record. If you have a friend on the course, then ask them to go and report it in as well.

The situation needs to be life and death imo.

You will then need to put in an extenuating circs claim to excuse your absence and to be allowed to result in July/August without penalty.

Any official evidence is good, so a letter from the hospital or a copy of her admission papers, contact details of the A&E or ward where your sister is. Any social worker etc.

If it doesnt involve hospital then the GP to verify the facts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending