The Student Room Group

Ford fiesta active?

Hi all

So I think I have found the awnser to my car dilemma , i told a friend who drives a fiesta about how the fiesta is my ideal car but I struggle to get in due to health issues and he said just get the active model as it's higher than the other models of fiesta , here it's is as I had to look it up as I'd never heard of the active model then I saw its new so that explains why I've never heard of it.

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-fiesta/models-specs/active?searchid=ppc:u:K-Fiesta-Active-Exact:Fiesta-Active-Exact:ford%20fiesta%20active:e:t:g:GOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuIqShNqr2wIVzpztCh0FRw8VEAAYASAAEgJjR_D_BwE

I looked at it on carbuyer and autoexpress websites and it has good reviews and on carbuyer they say that the running costs are the same as a normal fiesta and that it should cost no more than a normal fiesta to run , repair, inure ect and that it being slightly higher than a a normal fiesta should have nonimpact on cost. I know some of you on here recommended the fiesta , and when I test drove the zetec version it was perfect the only thing that stopped me was getting in and out was difficult due to my health issues. Were this being slightly higher it could be perfect.

What do you think?
Original post by SaraGSD
Hi all

So I think I have found the awnser to my car dilemma , i told a friend who drives a fiesta about how the fiesta is my ideal car but I struggle to get in due to health issues and he said just get the active model as it's higher than the other models of fiesta , here it's is as I had to look it up as I'd never heard of the active model then I saw its new so that explains why I've never heard of it.

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-fiesta/models-specs/active?searchid=ppc:u:K-Fiesta-Active-Exact:Fiesta-Active-Exact:ford%20fiesta%20active:e:t:g:GOOGLE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuIqShNqr2wIVzpztCh0FRw8VEAAYASAAEgJjR_D_BwE

I looked at it on carbuyer and autoexpress websites and it has good reviews and on carbuyer they say that the running costs are the same as a normal fiesta and that it should cost no more than a normal fiesta to run , repair, inure ect and that it being slightly higher than a a normal fiesta should have nonimpact on cost. I know some of you on here recommended the fiesta , and when I test drove the zetec version it was perfect the only thing that stopped me was getting in and out was difficult due to my health issues. Were this being slightly higher it could be perfect.

What do you think?

Fords are usually costly to run from what I've heard. I was going to get a Fiesta 1.6 TDCI, but much happier with my new car.
Reply 2
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Fords are usually costly to run from what I've heard. I was going to get a Fiesta 1.6 TDCI, but much happier with my new car.

I have been told different I have been told there not too bad to run, and there always in the top ten cars lists for cheaper to run or best car for new driver lists.
Reply 3
I think it is a really good car. I'm happy you have found something that might work for you. :smile: From what I've read, it's basically a Fiesta (which is already a market-leading car) with some added tweaks to give it a SUV type feel with better suspension for a more comfortable and quiet ride. So this might actually work for you.

It's good for fuel economy, and considerably better than most SUVs you were considering. Cheaper too. Petrol models will see you getting anywhere between 46-56 mpg and Diesels between 64-70mpg. So not bad. Insurance band is also quite low (7-14) and Fiestas are generally quite reliable cars. I honestly cannot see any downsides to this. My only concern is that the difference in height to a normal Fiesta might only be very minor (it sits 19mm taller) and you might experience the same issue you had with the zetec....

I think it goes without saying but because of your particular health issues you should definitely go for a test drive to find out.
Reply 4
Original post by Menrva
I think it is a really good car. I'm happy you have found something that might work for you. :smile: From what I've read, it's basically a Fiesta (which is already a market-leading car) with some added tweaks to give it a SUV type feel with better suspension for a more comfortable and quiet ride. So this might actually work for you.

It's good for fuel economy, and considerably better than most SUVs you were considering. Cheaper too. Petrol models will see you getting anywhere between 46-56 mpg and Diesels between 64-70mpg. So not bad. Insurance band is also quite low (7-14) and Fiestas are generally quite reliable cars. I honestly cannot see any downsides to this. My only concern is that the difference in height to a normal Fiesta might only be very minor (it sits 19mm taller) and you might experience the same issue you had with the zetec....

I think it goes without saying but because of your particular health issues you should definitely go for a test drive to find out.

Thanks , I'm going today to test drive it, I'm hoping it's not to bad to get into as the fiesta is the perfect car for me as when I test drove the zetec version I loved driving it and it was comfty to but it was getting in and out that was the issue which I was devastated as otherwise perfect and quiet too.

I'm hoping the active is high enough so I can get in and out with ease, plus it has lumbar support for my back which is great.
Reply 5
I test drove the fiesta active earlier today and it's good news I am so happy the taller hight did come in handy I was able to get in and out a lot easier than a normal hatchback, I still had a little bit of pain but nowhere near like what I had in other hatchbacks, I loved driving it , it was really quiet and very comfty , the driver seat had lumbar support, I could really feel the support as it was the first car since the Lexus RX that I had no pain while driving.

So I think I will be getting the fiesta Active😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending