ABC cancels 'Roseanne' after star's racist Twitter rant Watch

ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
She compared a black obama aid to being an ape as well as saying she was a member of the muslim brotherhood.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/medi...ton/index.html

Political correctness takes another victim :backstab:
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pretty sure backlash from outright racism doesn't qualify as political correctness gone mad.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When will people realise that using Twitter to broadcast to the world that you are a racist is a monumentally dumb thing to do?
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
She compared a black obama aid to being an ape as well as saying she was a member of the muslim brotherhood.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/medi...ton/index.html

Political correctness takes another victim :backstab:
dont get why they refer to one as star after such controversies
NYU℠
Report 1 year ago
I fail to see how this is political correctness taking another victim...

She said something offensive. The Network, like any employer, can respond by firing you. Don’t want to get fired? Don’t say offensive things. Especially like comparing a person to an ape. It’s not even subtle racism.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Pretty sure backlash from outright racism doesn't qualify as political correctness gone mad.
Did I say it had gone mad? :beard:

(Original post by NYU2012)
I fail to see how this is political correctness taking another victim...

She said something offensive. The Network, like any employer, can respond by firing you. Don’t want to get fired? Don’t say offensive things. Especially like comparing a person to an ape. It’s not even subtle racism.

Poltical correctness is good. May there be more victims.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did I say it had gone mad? :beard:
Ok, I'm pretty sure backlash from outright racism doesn't qualify as political correctness taking another victim.
username3842822
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yet another White liberal showing their true racist colours.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Ok, I'm pretty sure backlash from outright racism doesn't qualify as political correctness taking another victim.
How is she not a victim? She got her show cancelled. Got totally bodied.
TCA2b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LMAO at that Clinton monstrosity trying to virtue signal and advertising her Soros connections. Are these people that shameless?

Unless Roseanne's saying the person looks like an ape because they’re black, it isn't ‘racist’.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by bars from mars)
Yet another White liberal showing their true racist colours.
She's a trump supporter.

(Original post by TCA2b)

Unless she's saying he looks like an ape because he's black, it isn't "racist".
Yes it is indeed racist to compare a black person to an ape :rolleyes:
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How is she not a victim? She got her show cancelled. Got totally bodied.
Maybe she shouldn't have been openly racist on a public platform that might impact the reputation of associated organisations, like the network running her show. It's a bit like me calling myself a victim for getting fired after telling my boss to go **** himself.
NYU℠
Report 1 year ago
Poltical correctness is good. May there be more victims.
But I don’t see how this is “political correctness.” This is just “don’t say racist things.”
username3842822
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She's a trump supporter.
She doesn't support Trump, she was driven to support Trump reluctantly by the racism towards Jews in the US and the fact they are not protected because they tend to do well.
NYU℠
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bars from mars)
She doesn't support Trump, she was driven to support Trump reluctantly by the racism towards Jews in the US and the fact they are not protected because they tend to do well.
No....

That’s like saying because there is racism towards blacks, one is “driven” to support Trump. You don’t go to the racist to save your from racism.
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Let me see....give a TV show to a complete idiot.

Act surprised when idiot acts like idiot.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
(Original post by NYU2012)
But I don’t see how this is “political correctness.” This is just “don’t say racist things.”
Interesting to se how the right has made the term political correctness such a bogey man.

"
The term political correctness is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society"
NYU℠
Report 1 year ago
Interesting to se how the right has made the term political correctness such a bogey man.

"
The term political correctness is used to describe language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society"
I know what political correctness is; I simply wouldn’t see what is essentially being fired for being racist as “political correctness.” It’s not political correctness to fire a Nazi for being a Nazi. Certain things might fall into political correctness, like trans pronouns or bathroom use. But, this doesn’t appear to be one of those things.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wikipedia)
Barr elicited criticism in July 2009 when she posed as Adolf Hitler in a feature for the satirical Jewish publication Heeb magazine, called "That Oven Feelin'".[60][61] The Nazi theme was reportedly her suggestion, and featured her with a Hitler mustache and swastika arm-band, holding a tray of burnt gingerbread man cookies the article referred to as "burnt Jew cookies".
She sounds charming.
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I saw her in an interview with Dave Rubin last year, she was bizarre and seemed well out of it.
She's got what she deserved but you have to fee sorry for the 100 plus people that have lost their jobs because of her bigoted stupidity.
Any other person of those 100 spouting this bile and it would have only been their own career they would have **** on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (378)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.35%

Watched Threads