The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Platopus
I’ll try! And thank you so much. No, I didn’t get any tickets. Maybe next year (again if I make it).

You don't have a ticket to Pembroke's June Event? If you want one, the committee released some more the other day so you can still get one if you're quick about it! It's a really really great night - you'll enjoy it :smile: DRUNK DODGEMS!!
Reply 81
Original post by marupe
Noo that wasn't trying to make you feel more upset, it was just showing that in reality these "rules" are never followed unless they want a reason to kick someone out. Which is really rare. So even if you mess up one paper (again I'm doubtful you did!) it really won't matter :smile:

Don’t worry, you didn’t make me feel worse! I do feel like failing a paper is more serious than not getting a 2.1 but hopefully you’re right and they don’t want to kick me out.

Original post by vincrows
You will be.
See you on the cam next year. :biggrin:

Haha thank you.
Reply 82
Original post by Parliament
You don't have a ticket to Pembroke's June Event? If you want one, the committee released some more the other day so you can still get one if you're quick about it! It's a really really great night - you'll enjoy it :smile: DRUNK DODGEMS!!

That does sound fun... But, I think I won’t risk getting a ticket because if I do get kicked out then I don’t think I’ll really be in the mood to go.
That does sound fun... But, I think I won’t risk getting a ticket because if I do get kicked out then I don’t think I’ll really be in the mood to go.

Remember 2 years ago?
You were worried so much about something ....and it didn’t happen at all.
Don’t you think it’s about time you trus us?
I haven’t been telling you all these just from my imagination, you know?

Go and get your Balls ticket and celebrate you survived the first year at Cambridge in ONE PIECE!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 84
Remember 2 years ago?
You were worried so much about something ....and it didn’t happen at all.
Don’t you think it’s about time you trus us?

I know and it isn’t that I don’t trust you. Honest! I just think that this is different from A levels - they mark much more strictly. And back then I was worried about my essays which tend to be harder to judge. Now, I’m mostly worried about the formal logic questions (although one of the logic essays was dreadful). It’s easier to judge how you’ve done with short questions, especially if you’ve only done half of them. And during A levels I worried about whether I had gotten the grades I needed to meet my offer. Now, I am worried about even passing :frown:
Reply 85

I tell you what, go and get the ticket *now*, and if you get kicked out I'll pay you back twice the price of the tickets.

Pinky promise.

When you've got the ticket I'll write the cheque and put it with the hat that I won't be eating, and send you a photo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know and it isn’t that I don’t trust you. Honest! I just think that this is different from A levels - they mark much more strictly. And back then I was worried about my essays which tend to be harder to judge. Now, I’m mostly worried about the formal logic questions (although one of the logic essays was dreadful). It’s easier to judge how you’ve done with short questions, especially if you’ve only done half of them. And during A levels I worried about whether I had gotten the grades I needed to meet my offer. Now, I am worried about even passing :frown:

I’m not talking about A-levels.:wink:
Reply 87
Original post by Doonesbury
I tell you what, go and get the ticket *now*, and if you get kicked out I'll pay you back twice the price of the tickets.

Pinky promise.

When you've got the ticket I'll write the cheque and put it with the hat that I won't be eating, and send you a photo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no I couldn’t make you do that! Honestly, it would be tempting providence anyway. But I really appreciate your confidence. It does make me feel better.

I’m not talking about A-levels.:wink:

Ah fair enough. But, I think the entrance test was designed purposefully so that you couldn’t finish it/get many marks on it.
Oh no I couldn’t make you do that! Honestly, it would be tempting providence anyway. But I really appreciate your confidence. It does make me feel better.

Ah fair enough. But, I think the entrance test was designed purposefully so that you couldn’t finish it/get many marks on it.

Entrance exam? What are you talking about?
That’s definitely not what I’m alluding to......
Reply 89
Entrance exam? What are you talking about?
That’s definitely not what I’m alluding to......

Oh then I’m sorry I don’t know what you mean haha. I thought you meant the test/interview for Cambridge!
Reply 90
Onwards and upwards @Platopus.

Now go and get that June ticket asap :smile: A fun evening will do you the power of good. :yy:

Go on... :poke:
Reply 91
After all the help you’ve all given me I thought I should let you know that I am not going to be kicked out. My tutor confirmed that you are only sent down if you fail overall (it doesn’t matter if you only fail one paper). I got my overall mark this morning (but not the breakdown by paper yet - so I may still have failed logic I guess) and I did well overall so yay!
(edited 5 years ago)
After all the help you’ve all given me I thought I should let you know that I am not going to be kicked out. My tutor confirmed that you are only sent down if you fail overall (it doesn’t matter if you only fail one paper). I got my overall mark this morning (but not the breakdown by paper yet - so I may still have failed logic I guess) and I did well overall so yay!

Great to hear that.
Thank you for letting us know........though I think you were the only one among us who was worrying you’d fail. :wink:

Have a restful and wonderful holiday! :smile:
Reply 93
Great to hear that.
Thank you for letting us know........though I think you were the only one among us who was worrying you’d fail. :wink:

Have a restful and wonderful holiday! :smile:

Ah thank you!!
Reply 94

:woo: :yay:
May I ask how you did? (You don't have to say... :wink: )

And are you going to the Event now? :beard:

though I think you were the only one among us who was worrying you’d fail. :wink:

Indeed :yy:
Reply 95
:woo: :yay:
May I ask how you did? (You don't have to say... :wink: )

And are you going to the Event now? :beard:

Indeed :yy:

Ah... Well overall I got a first actually. And now I have the breakdown of my grades it turns out logic (the paper I thought I had failed) was actually my second best paper and I got a first in it. I feel like an idiot now because I made such a fuss about how badly the exams went. And I honestly did believe I’d done terribly. I was crying for days! I still don’t know how on Earth it happened. So yeah. I apologise to everyone here about that.

I’m not going to the June event, no. Sorry to disappoint. I didn’t get a ticket in the end. But, I am going home tomorrow which I am really looking forward to :smile:
Reply 96
Ah... Well overall I got a first actually. And now I have the breakdown of my grades it turns out logic (the paper I thought I had failed) was actually my second best paper and I got a first in it. I feel like an idiot now because I made such a fuss about how badly the exams went. And I honestly did believe I’d done terribly. I was crying for days! I still don’t know how on Earth it happened. So yeah. I apologise to everyone here about that.

That's excellent - really, really well done - and it's an entirely justified outcome for your year of hard work.

There's no need to apologise - we know it *is* stressful. :hugs:

But please try not to put yourself through this every year. Hopefully next time you start to doubt yourself (even when others aren't) you can reflect back to this and the previous instances.

I’m not going to the June event, no. Sorry to disappoint. I didn’t get a ticket in the end. But, I am going home tomorrow which I am really looking forward to :smile:

Well have a lovely and relaxing vacation.

:elefant:
Reply 97
That's excellent - really, really well done - and it's an entirely justified outcome for your year of hard work.

There's no need to apologise - we know it *is* stressful. :hugs:

But please try not to put yourself through this every year. Hopefully next time you start to doubt yourself (even when others aren't) you can reflect back to this and the previous instances.

Well have a lovely and relaxing vacation.

:elefant:

Thank you :smile: honest question which I am kinda concerned about: do they ever mess up and give candidate A’s mark to candidate B and vice versa? I feel as though that may have happened in my case and that would be very awkward.
Reply 98
Thank you :smile: honest question which I am kinda concerned about: do they ever mess up and give candidate A’s mark to candidate B and vice versa? I feel as though that may have happened in my case and that would be very awkward.

Do you really want me to answer that :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing!

I think you just underestimated yourself :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending