The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fopp still exists in Cambridge! No idea how long for though.

They can't get rid of Woolies- I'm at a loss where to buy house-y bits like plates and picture hooks when at uni because there isn't one. Though I may be overly fond of it becuase it's the only half decent shop in my tiny town and I've worked there for 6 years on and off.
Reply 101
Our price, tiny, first sport, kwik save
Reply 102
noodles!
Wolverhampton is devoid of Burger King =( But obviously it still exists :biggrin:

Erm, there're still Wimpys around too, motorway service stations!

Nor does Stafford :frown:
Reply 103
I remember this little place called Tesco that used to operate in my village. I'm sure it's so long gone though that nobody really remembers their intimate customer service and fair trade championing.
bowdeni
Happy shopper

there's a village near where i used to live called Much Marcle, with a single shop on a junction. i swear it still has a Happy Shopper sign above the door.

great fun.
Pocket Calculator
there's a village near where i used to live called Much Marcle, with a single shop on a junction. i swear it still has a Happy Shopper sign above the door.

great fun.

Much Marcle sounds very familiar to me, and now I'm going to be trying to remember all day why I know it, damn!
jenren22
Indeed it has, and with a bit of luck it will be replaced with Primark (although i think Boots are nicking the spot).

Boots are indeed nicking the spot! I'm not fussed either way cept maybe I'm a bit disppointed that I won't be able to "cram-a-cup" again :frown:
toddlers crossword
Much Marcle sounds very familiar to me, and now I'm going to be trying to remember all day why I know it, damn!

Fred West came from there didnt he ?
bowdeni
Happy shopper

I used to be well scared of that sign...I though it was Joker from Batman's Shop :eek:
mark renton
Fred West came from there didnt he ?

hmm maybe thats why then...not a very nice reason for remembering the place! it also sounds a bit like a village from miss marple stories, although I think that was much benham
toddlers crossword

oh yeah. it's also the home of Weston's Cider!
Pocket Calculator
oh yeah. it's also the home of Weston's Cider!

Ah that could definitely be it, I love that stuff! My housemate is from Herefordshire and brought several boxes of the stuff back after Christmas which we've been working our way through
toddlers crossword
Ah that could definitely be it, I love that stuff! My housemate is from Herefordshire and brought several boxes of the stuff back after Christmas which we've been working our way through

oooh! where? i used to live down those parts. lurvly place
Pocket Calculator
oooh! where? i used to live down those parts. lurvly place

she lives in ledbury, or "the shire" as she prefers to call it
Gateways became Somerfield, Somerfield also took over Kwik Save.

I've seen 3 Dolcis shut down within the last couple of weeks, so I'm thinking they're gone?

For the girls - Kookai, I'm pretty sure is gone completely? Morgan have shut down a few stores, though they're still around I think? Does anyone remember a shop called Birds? :redface:

What about Stead & Simpson, the shoe shop? Or Shoe Express lol?
Reply 115
Clubber Lang
They also own PC World and they owned The Link (mobile phone shop) - accoridng to wikipedia they only own the links website now though.

What's happened to The Link shops? I haven't seen one for ages now.
Cortez
What's happened to The Link shops? I haven't seen one for ages now.

Dunno, the mobile boom is long over so maybe they have scaled back a little bit...
good old c and a and silverscreen omg and don't sign on the dotted line untill you talk to tempo! Stead and simpson are being taken over

Latest

Trending

Trending