Newcastle University (NCL) Postgraduate Study chat thread and FAQ Watch

Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Welcome to the official Newcastle University Postgraduate Study thread!

Ask your questions, share your thoughts and chat with other postgraduate students.

Handy links
Rango356
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello

Admitted to MSc Electrical Power program. Wondering if anyone else applying/admitted into this program?

Thanks
Sara06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Newcastle University)
Welcome to the official Newcastle University Postgraduate Study thread!

Ask your questions, share your thoughts and chat with other postgraduate students.

Handy links
Hi there!

I have an offer for MSc International Business Management. I would like to know the value of this course and what are the chances of getting a job right after graduation in the UK itself? I'm an international student and currently deciding on accepting Newcastle's offer. Any thoughts or opinions would be of great help!

Thank You!
Newcastle University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Sara06)
Hi there!

I have an offer for MSc International Business Management. I would like to know the value of this course and what are the chances of getting a job right after graduation in the UK itself? I'm an international student and currently deciding on accepting Newcastle's offer. Any thoughts or opinions would be of great help!

Thank You!

Hi Sara06,

I forwarded your query on to our programme director, here’s what she’s advised:

‘Thanks for your question. This is important for all students as you make choices about your futures, so I have drawn on the official data that’s collected in the government’s UK-wide Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey.
The most recent data is about students leaving the programme in 2016. Within 10 months of leaving Newcastle, 92% of graduates were in professional or managerial employment or taking a higher degree. Three quarters of the students were working internationally with an average starting salary of £32,000 (which is in line with expectations for a Masters degree of this nature). The types of jobs were quite broad ranging and include major companies such as PWC, Novartis, Caterpillar, BCG and Proctor & Gamble.
I do know that last year’s graduates have had similar success in achieving employment, though we do not yet have the official survey data.
We do provide opportunities for all of our students to network with companies and engage with our Careers Service through an on-going developmental programme of activities to help you achieve your goals. Hope this helps you!’

Hope this helps 😊

Susie
Sara06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Newcastle University)
Hi Sara06,

I forwarded your query on to our programme director, here’s what she’s advised:

‘Thanks for your question. This is important for all students as you make choices about your futures, so I have drawn on the official data that’s collected in the government’s UK-wide Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey.
The most recent data is about students leaving the programme in 2016. Within 10 months of leaving Newcastle, 92% of graduates were in professional or managerial employment or taking a higher degree. Three quarters of the students were working internationally with an average starting salary of £32,000 (which is in line with expectations for a Masters degree of this nature). The types of jobs were quite broad ranging and include major companies such as PWC, Novartis, Caterpillar, BCG and Proctor & Gamble.
I do know that last year’s graduates have had similar success in achieving employment, though we do not yet have the official survey data.
We do provide opportunities for all of our students to network with companies and engage with our Careers Service through an on-going developmental programme of activities to help you achieve your goals. Hope this helps you!’

Hope this helps 😊

Susie
Hi Susie, thank you for the help! Useful information to help me make an informed choice.
Vaish_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello
I’m joining Newcastle University London campus this September. I’m joining for Msc International Business Management.
I was hoping to get in touch with my fellow classmates through a facebook group or WhatsApp group if any exists.
Newcastle University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Vaish_)
Hello
I’m joining Newcastle University London campus this September. I’m joining for Msc International Business Management.
I was hoping to get in touch with my fellow classmates through a facebook group or WhatsApp group if any exists.
Hello, please join this official Facebook group for Newcastle University London's offer holders joining us in 2019.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1564597713682617

Hope this helps, Ashleigh
claudiajane95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello Everyone!

My name is Claudia and I accepted an offer to study at NCL for this September (It was between Kings College London and Newcastle- so happy I chose Newcastle!) I will be starting the MSc Foundations in Clinical Pyschology. Just arrived in Newcastle a couple weeks ago from Canada to look for a place and am finally a bit more settled! Would love to get to know other post grads/ international students! Super excited to start. Feel free to message me/connect in some way. Would love to meet some people in the same course beforehand as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads