Caroline Lucas resigns as co-leader of

Watch
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Green MP Caroline Lucas has stepped down as co-leader of the Green Party to focus "even more on her work in Parliament and in her constituency, rather than standing for re-election.

Green Party leaders are elected for two years and a fresh election is due to take place this summer, with nominations opening in June and a result announced in September.

Read the full story here.

What do you make of this? Are you sad she's stepping down? What did you make of her as a leader? Would or have you ever voted Green?
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah well. An insignificant MP stands down from an insignificant party.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
She’s got a history of doing this I believe, but yeah what the above says payer said
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
She should join the Labour party.

I don't see the point of the Green party at the moment. But then i only supported and voted for it as a left protest vote (in a safe seat) as I was unhappy with the Labour party. If you are that kind of Green surely you would put all your energies into getting the current left labour party into power and not creating a split in the left vote?

There is however a strain of green liberalism in the Green party that is closer to where the Lib Dems are. Also as someone put it on the Trashfuture podcast Greens are just Tories with dreadlocks :rofl:

I don't wanna be to mean though. I knew a green party supporter with dreadlocks who was involved in defending squatters. :yy:
anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Greens have kind of had nowhere to go since Corbyn became Labour leader (except possibly in Scotland, where their pro-independence stance sets them apart from Labour a bit more, and where they're still polling pretty well), so no surprise.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

I don't see the point of the Green party at the moment. But then i only supported and voted for it as a left protest vote (in a safe seat) as I was unhappy with the Labour party. If you are that kind of Green surely you would put all your energies into getting the current left labour party into power and not creating a split in the left vote?
:
What if your MP Is a never-Corbyner like Mike Gapes?
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Shame, would love to see her in Labour.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
What if your MP Is a never-Corbyner like Mike Gapes?
Hold your nose and vote for them. You will only help them agitate against left leadership by depressing the Labour vote. Meanwhile work to deselect thier milk obsessed asses. Same goes for "that the nature of the hard left" Chris Leslie and the Erdogon supporting bell end that is John Woodcock (that is if he doesn't get booted out due to the alledged sexual harrasment thing). Same for all the other slugs in the Labour party.

The milk fiend himself.

Spoiler:
Show

username3672344
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)

There is however a strain of green liberalism in the Green party that is closer to where the Lib Dems are. Also as someone put it on the Trashfuture podcast Greens are just Tories with dreadlocks :rofl:

I don't wanna be to mean though. I knew a green party supporter with dreadlocks who was involved in defending squatters. :yy:
I think the Greens are far more focused on environmental and systematic reforms rather than economic ones per se.

For example Lucas is a big advocate of PR which Corbyn isn't.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just what I thought....

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/1001769949633925121
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (921)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (408)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.42%

Watched Threads