Anyone Ever Noticed You On TSR, And Confronted You In Real Life? Watch

Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by allymcb2)
That would be cowardly.
So not taking abuse is cowardly. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Sidhe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Giving in to abuse is cowardly, fight the idiots I say. They win if you accept their stupidity. Apparently this is seen as being wrong by some people, I say **** 'em. I tell you what if you want some, come to my house, I'll give you my address by pm and you tell me to my face why you think abusing people is clever? :laugh:

All joking aside, basically you shouldn't have to do anything at all on TSR to have the right not to be whatever. If that right is denied, then it's in the hands of the mods, God help you.
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sidhe)
Giving in to abuse is cowardly, fight the idiots I say. They win if you accept their stupidity. Apparently this is seen as being wrong by some people, I say **** 'em. I tell you what if you want some, come to my house, I'll give you my address by pm and you tell me to my face why you think abusing people is clever? :laugh:

All joking aside, basically you shouldn't have to do anything at all on TSR to have the right not to be whatever. If that right is denied, then it's in the hands of the mods, God help you.
But ultimately, there's not a huge amount you can do. They'll probably be banned anyway and changing accounts/ leaving the forum would be a last resort. Refuting them is a possibility for some people, but if you've only came on looking for help and very casual conversation then you probably wouldn't be up to that.
allymcb2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
running away from it is cowardly,
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
Ok, assume it is. I don't see why that detracts from the value of anonymity. There are also most likely numerous other reasons people stay anonymous (I have one myself) that are nothing to do with cowardice.
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MSD)
Miami?! Will!?

awwwwwwwww yeah
lol wow. :p:
Sidhe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
But ultimately, there's not a huge amount you can do. They'll probably be banned anyway and changing accounts/ leaving the forum would be a last resort. Refuting them is a possibility for some people, but if you've only came on looking for help and very casual conversation then you probably wouldn't be up to that.
That's the problem, not only aren't they banned but they are lauded as people. They are the ultimate in what TSR is about, and dare you question their integrity, oh no you don't want to do that, they've got the mods in their pockets. Tricksy as they are.

Trust me these people don't give a **** about what anyone but themselves think, and they are condoned by mods, because they lick their arses. And they know them personally. It's a sham, they only care for people they like, anyone else can **** off, they just aren't what we want, they aren't part of the in crowd, ignore them. And pat the sycophants on the back, while they are licking your arse, and ignore any indiscretions. And if you complain they tell you to stop ranting or to go away, because your opinion doesn't matter, only popular people count.

This is TSR. This is Sparta!!!!

I say anyone who thinks they are above the law because they spend all day inserting their tongue into peoples rectum are worthless. These are the best you can offer here, they're smarter better and more competent than anyone else and keen to inflate there worth, despite lacking any. And anyone who complains is making it up. Not worthy of consideration.

Stand up to the rtards, they aren't worth the **** that spattered from a deformed leprous arse. They aren't even worth any time to consider. Yet they are much better than you, lest you think otherwise. Fight the morons. Stand up for yoursleves. You are an individual you are worthy. They are not. Don't give into the herd mentallity.

That is essentially it, anyone who disregards your opinions because they have no ability to think for themselves are not worthy of respect. Anyone who has some claim against your privacy likewise. You are a human being you have rights. Fight for them lest you lose them in a sea of banality and scant regard. Please I beg you not to support idiots? They aren't worth the sputum flobbed from the mouth of a moron. You are more worthy in your little finger than them, just for not bowing down to idiots, not for accepting their pointless claims that this place is dictated by their whims, and certainly not because they that are in the power condone bullying. Fight the power express your beliefs no matter how controversial, and for God's sake don't let morons win? They are the ultimate in facile losers, and the fact that their banality is the be all and end all of the system should make you all feel sick. Do what though wilt, say what though wilt, and rep can go screw itself. You are better than them, from the moment you join to the moment you leave you have more worth if you don't kowtow to the idiots that are in control of opinion, and dictate what you can or cannot say! Rise up state your beliefs, say it in terms that aren't offensive, they are but ghosts.
fuzzyduck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hermaphrodite)
I would put money on James Gurung being the most recognised and most approached TSR member in real life in the humble forecourts of Oxford.

edit: or possibly Profesh
I've seen Profesh in Sainsburys many times... Never said hello though.
fuzzyduck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*yawns*
hermaphrodite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fuzzyduck)
I've seen Profesh in Sainsburys many times... Never said hello though.
does he look like or is he an extrovert . . .
WarmSound
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I saw someone last night actually! Didn't say hello, I was a little bit too drunk and he was with friends so it would have just been weird. I think I'd like to meet anyone who recognised me, but there's probably not much chance of that happening.
allymcb2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok, assume it is. I don't see why that detracts from the value of anonymity. There are also most likely numerous other reasons people stay anonymous (I have one myself) that are nothing to do with cowardice.
I can't think of a single one that isn't cowardice in some form or other.
fuzzyduck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hermaphrodite)
does he look like or is he an extrovert . . .
To be honest, he looks like someone who works in Sainsburys!
hermaphrodite
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
[QUOTE=fuzzyduck]To be honest, he looks like someone who works in Sainsburys![/QUOTE

What? Like this you mean?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire...70_470x353.jpg
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ive had people recognise me from on here and came and said hi in real life.
noaksey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Unless you live in Stafford (or near Burton/Derby) there would be no chance of me seeing anyone...!
Ethelred the Unready
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, surprisingly.
ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Never, but it would be great fun if someone did :p:
Artemidoros.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
never

thank god.
22KT22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yea today in fact....

i don't mind, actually its a very gd thing. i dont really care if people know i use TSR.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed