Turn on thread page Beta

Confrontation on bus watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Last monday on the way back from Sixth Form some chavs got on the bus with me and my mate. We were sitting upper deck in the middle rows. These chavs mainly girls and one lad I think, they were sitting at the back and just randomly started to shout abuse. I ignored it, then they started to throw newspapers, none of which actually hit me. Met them again today and was with another friend. They started shouting abuse at her and I wasn't having it so told them to **** off.

These are kids btw, i would say around the ages of 15-16. Me and my mate are both 18, we are both over 6ft, not small or weak by any means. The girl I was with today was also 18. In the first encounter I had considered just smashing the newspaper thrown, round the chavs head. Thought against it as I was now seen as an adult and could be done for assult. I'm thinking I gona meet these people again and if anything similar happens I have decided to do something about it. These chavs terrorise most people on the bus, I am actually disgusted at the way they behave.

What are my options if it comes down to the last and I have to get involved. I really dont want to but if its what will teach them to behave then I will.

ReputationRep:
    Rip out their throats like Swayze.

bring back national service?
    you cant really do anything. assault on a minor gets you on the sex offender list

ReputationRep:
    knock the living daylights out of them...that should seriously teach em a lesson and will undoubtedly stop them from terrorising anyone else...if people don't respond and stop them, it feeds their fire and they try getting away with more and more...

ReputationRep:
    Good on you! There have been soooo many times that I have wanted to sort out chavs and what they do, mainly kick the **** out of them, but have bit my tongue. The more people that stand up and dont accept it the less its gunna happen.

ReputationRep:
    Beat the **** out of them, then claim you did it in order to fund a drug addiction. You should get off with just some community service, if the new rules actually pass.

ReputationRep:
    report it to the driver and/or bus company. It's unlikely that anything will happen as a result of that but it's worth a try. Well done for challenging their behaviour, most people would turn a blind eye. As for what to do, just continue to stand up to them, don't assault them though as like you say, you can get prosecuted. If they attack you though, you are entitled to use reasonable force in self defence. You can also make a pre-emptive strike if you believe that they are going to attack you. Usually idiots like that though, fail to be deterred by verbal reasoning and they can usually be easily provoked so bear this in mind when you confront them, it could get ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh00001)
    you cant really do anything. assault on a minor gets you on the sex offender list
    Even if it's a non sexual assault?

****ing murder them brutally. Make an exhibition out of their corpses, and post videos of all aforementioned acts on the Internet. Fair enough, you'll probably go to prison, but it's "1 for the team".

ReputationRep:
    does it? I fail to see how it qualifies as anything sexual. If you do attack them though and you aren't acting in self defence, you are liable to be prosecuted for assault. As for national service, it may work in some respects but I can't honestly see it ever being brought back and some in the armed forces don't want it to be brought back, as it will bring down the calibre of the recruits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soundwave)
    I'm studying Law and I'm not aware of any statutory provisions or otherwise that put you on the sex offenders register for non sexual assault on a minor. I'm not saying there isn't any as I don't know everything but I'm not aware of any and it sounds a bit dubious.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably there will be cameras on the bus, so if anything did happen you could always ask the police to refere to CCTV footage which showed that you were prevoked and that this had been going on for a long time?
    Im not sure it would make much difference though if they/their parents wished to press charges.

(Original post by britishseapower)
    does it? I fail to see how it qualifies as anything sexual. If you do attack them though and you aren't acting in self defence, you are liable to be prosecuted for assault. As for national service, it may work in some respects but I can't honestly see it ever being brought back and some in the armed forces don't want it to be brought back, as it will bring down the calibre of the recruits.
    the national service was tongue in cheek more than anything.

well its a schedual one offence and gets you placed on list 99, and youl be chaqrged under the Children and Young Persons Act 1933. sorry maybe im getting my lists etc mixed. either way it hinders you alot in future life

ReputationRep:

well its a schedual one offence and gets you placed on list 99, and youl be chaqrged under the Children and Young Persons Act 1933. sorry maybe im getting my lists etc mixed. either way it hinders you alot in future life
    I suppose the point is (contrary to some of the advice given) is don't go looking for trouble as even though they are clearly acting unreasonable/anti-socially, in this day and age, you're the one liable to be prosecuted, not them. The only thing you can do really (if you want to get physical) is confront about their behaviour in a non aggressive manner and wait for them to attack you and then defend yourself. Normally, you don't even have to do alot to provoke them to attack you, sometimes eye contact alone will suffice. That said though, you have to make sure what force you use is reasonable in the circumstances. And if you are outnumbered e.t.c. it isn't always best practice so I would advise you to try out non physical means first such as reporting them to the driver e.t.c.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful if you do decide to take militant measures, I never advocate violence on the first provocation but if they persist they'll only receive the impression that they can take further liberties. These delinquents however I would think won't be so familiar with the legal system in regards to assault ...

Failing that, call Chuck Norris.

ReputationRep:

If you are on list 99 it shows up on CRB checks so I think it would show up even after any conviction is spent so could cause problems with some employment. I think that is how it would work anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I find prevention is best. When on public transport sit 75% of a possible 100% distance away from the chavs. You are out of their way but not by so much that they think you're scared of them (and so feel the need to confront you). Do not make eye contact. It works for me...Animal behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Offer to have sex with them. Get them pregnant. Their child will be half chav, half sensible person- i.e. not a complete chav. Eventually, all the chavs will disappear!

That was the advice our drunk teacher gave us one evening canoeing. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ewww, buses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soundwave)
    Might as well rape them then - in for a penny in for a pound and all that. That would definitely give them something to thing about next time :yy:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.