The Student Room Group

Help me please!

I failed paper 1 maths. Does this mean it is impossible to get a level 5 foundation maths?
No.
It just means that you have to do your best for the other two.

Your marks are all grouped together into one overall grade which is then compared to the rest of the country.

You'll be fine. You can only do your best.

Good luck with your revision! :biggrin:
It really just depends what you mean by "fail".

Last year, you were able to lose a total of 82 marks and still get a 5 (for edexcel foundation). To lost 82 marks over three papers is actually pretty hard, considering each paper is 80 marks in itself. This year it'll probably go up by 5-10 marks, so let's say you can lose 75 marks and still get a 5 (THIS IS JUST MY ESTIMATION PLEASE TAKE IT VERY LIGHTLY)

So if you "failed" paper 1 (which I highly doubt you did), it's not impossible to get a 5. You just really need to work hard and try getting as many marks as you can
Reply 4
Original post by inoubliable
It really just depends what you mean by "fail".

Last year, you were able to lose a total of 82 marks and still get a 5 (for edexcel foundation). To lost 82 marks over three papers is actually pretty hard, considering each paper is 80 marks in itself. This year it'll probably go up by 5-10 marks, so let's say you can lose 75 marks and still get a 5 (THIS IS JUST MY ESTIMATION PLEASE TAKE IT VERY LIGHTLY)

So if you "failed" paper 1 (which I highly doubt you did), it's not impossible to get a 5. You just really need to work hard and try getting as many marks as you can

the ******** thing is, i know all the higher content but my *****y teacher put me in foundation. I'm also doing triple science and want to pursue doing physics as i got a level 8 in my mocks. i don't know what to do. I'm gonna get denied for physics due to my maths grade
Original post by Revoked
the ******** thing is, i know all the higher content but my *****y teacher put me in foundation. I'm also doing triple science and want to pursue doing physics as i got a level 8 in my mocks. i don't know what to do. I'm gonna get denied for physics due to my maths grade

usually you only need a 5 in maths and English to do a science at A-Levels. And considering you achieved an 8 in your mocks for physics (which is very hard, so congrats), I think they would definitely let you in with an 8. Just pull your socks up and prove your teacher wrong

Quick Reply

Latest