The most believable (or unbelievable) excuses for not handing in work Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cat-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anyone used any particularly fool proof ones? Or ridiculous ones...? How gullible are your teachers/tutors?

HereWithMe89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"My dog ate it" :p:

"I took it to breakfast to finish off some last bits n some idiot spilt milk on it, so I had to throw it away!" :rolleyes:

"I already gave it to u, remember?" (thats my favourite, I always use that one. haha)
moodring01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually it's just I need a lil' bit more time to make it even better than it already is. Works a charm and they will never know the thought of doing it hadn't even crossed my mind until I remembered we had homework when I get to school!
IzzTheGreat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I actually had my dog chew up my homework once...my teacher didn't believe me until I showed her the mangled exercise book with dog pawprints and teethmarks, and then couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the class.
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
"Stolen by dragons."
Hedda.Gabler
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
something related to a technical difficulty like 'my usb stick only has the first draft on it' or ' can i print it off after the lesson and give it to you later ' ahem... works for me anyway!
Hedda.Gabler
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oooh and handing in the wrong essay 'by accident'
eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've turned over a new leaf in life and no longer believe in pens, paper and computers. They are the new sins of our time.
naz_loves_footy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
foolproof method from my school days

i had a usb flash disk that somehow messed up, o everytime i hadn't done my work i used to take it to school and then pretend the disk had just messed up, so they couldn't see the work...the brilliant thing with this is i managed to pull it off with the same teacher abt 5/6 times within one year without her realsing what was going on
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used "My mum hasn't printed it off for me"

At school i was a goody goody and could have got away with saying anything really
lixr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Printer died/internet died.

I also recall hearing someone say to the teacher that as they were cycling to college they hit deer resulting in their file dropping on the road where a car ran over it. It worked as well.
ash_moo
Report 10 years ago
"OMG - you lost my homework?!" :eek:

Disclaimer - usually only works when you are past the deadline.
ZoeH
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ash_moo)
"OMG - you lost my homework?!" :eek:

Disclaimer - usually only works when you are past the deadline.
Ooh, that's a good one - might use it sometime!
AmySian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My dog once ate my homework diary, he took a chunk out the cover!

I once told my teacher "I did my homework in my head, I didn't realise we were supposed to write it down.' and got sent out for being cheeky. Thing was, I was being serious! I honestly didn't realise she wanted us to write down a sentence!
cactusboi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HereWithMe89)
"My dog ate it" :p:

"I took it to breakfast to finish off some last bits n some idiot spilt milk on it, so I had to throw it away!" :rolleyes:

"I already gave it to u, remember?" (thats my favourite, I always use that one. haha)
lol yeah I like the 'already gave it to u' one.
-ones that I tend to use are: (not necessarily believable or good ones)

-"Really?"
-"Wait a sec, It's in my locker... *runs out room. Screeches off in car. Soars off in aeroplane*
-"Oh god yeah the work... yea haven't done it."
-"That's really annoying, I put it in my bag... someone must've stolen it!" (as they do)
-"Omg.. I just realised how sunny it is" *changes subject*
-"We had work for today? YOU LIER!!"
Barry Scott
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
"I've got coursework to do (i do) and I only need a D...I've realised what my priorities are."
This Is Not A Username
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used that one this morning about Maths coursework, the thing is I had actually given it in about a month ago and my teacher appears to have lost it.
katkatkat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We once made a powerpoint presentation on the tudors with each slide full of wingdings text with the odd picture of henry viii, and told our hugely computer-illiterate old history teacher that the file must have corrupted... did this 2 lessons in a row, never had to do the presentation
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HereWithMe89)

The new classic is: "Oh, sorry - I was un-able to print it off as it was Word 2007." Haha.
AmySian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I also used to bring 'work' in on floppy discs to print out in the lesson knowing full well that none of the computers in the school have floppy disc drives!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads