firm deferred, insurance not... Watch

lucygettings
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
...is anyone else in this situation?

I've just accepted Cambridge as my firm offer, but they have decided to only offer me it if deferred to 2009. My insurance, Sheffield, is for 2008, as i applied for.

So now I'm confused. Do I fill in finance formsa for 2008 or 2009? Do I start organising a gap year or not? Is it worth asking Sheffield if I can defer that offer also?

I'd love yo hear from anyone else with similar experiences
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You do still need to fill in the finance forms, because if you don't get into Cambridge and accept your insurance you will want your loan.
If fill in the PN1 after results day, you have a good chance of not getting paid the money until October or November time.

You may as well start organising your gap year now, because you don't want to end up doing nothing for a year!

I suppose asking Sheffield to defer would probably be the easiest option, but if you don't want to wait the year then I don't see why having two different years of entry would be a problem.
Mokert23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you want to defer - who would you ask, I am planning to take a gap year but I am uncertain of who to email, I did not state defered entry on my UCAS appplication. Would it be the admissions office most likely?
Queen Alice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You apply as if you are going to your firm, therefore you say you have deffered entry.

They ask you to send some form you get when your offer is unconditional from UCAS, and this will be proof of whichever uni you are going to.

If you end up going to the insurance, I think everything will go smoothly. Many people will be in the same situation, and the loan companies will surely have procedures to follow for such situations
Queen Alice
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mokert23)
If you want to defer - who would you ask, I am planning to take a gap year but I am uncertain of who to email, I did not state defered entry on my UCAS appplication. Would it be the admissions office most likely?
Well you were meant to state defered :rolleyes:

Most unis let you switch, but it is not a certain thing.

Call the admin tutor ASAP for all your offers and ask if you can change your offer to defered.

Oh, also you will need a good reason for defering, so make sure you have plans or they won't let you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads