Aqa english language a level

Watch this thread
Znxox
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi guys!!! I’m currently really struggling with English language if I’m honest however really need a grade B. The comparisons on both paper is what I’m mostly finding difficult. Does anyone have a general structure or guide on how to answer the comparison on paper 1 compared to the comparison on paper 2? Anything would be really useful right now. Thanks!!
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Znxox)
hi guys!!! I’m currently really struggling with English language if I’m honest however really need a grade B. The comparisons on both paper is what I’m mostly finding difficult. Does anyone have a general structure or guide on how to answer the comparison on paper 1 compared to the comparison on paper 2? Anything would be really useful right now. Thanks!!
I've had a look. I would have had revision books to rely on.

Do these help? They seem to be on topic. Dont forget youtube.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...ING-PAPERS.PDF

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...-77011-CEX.PDF
Znxox
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I've had a look. I would have had revision books to rely on.

Do these help? They seem to be on topic. Dont forget youtube.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...ING-PAPERS.PDF

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...-77011-CEX.PDF
Yeah thank you those are very very useful!!
I did try to find revision guides earlier on in the year but my teacher said not to bother as they aren’t very good
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Znxox)
Yeah thank you those are very very useful!!
I did try to find revision guides earlier on in the year but my teacher said not to bother as they aren’t very good
I would always check guides, even if I had to get them from the library just to check. I doubt your teacher has read them all and you can use them for back up in situations like this. Bit late now.
Melissa1345
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
We use a certain structure for the comparison on paper 2, consisting of 4 paragraphs:

1. Comparison of how the language feature is represented
2. Comparison of the identity the text produced constructs of themselves
3. Comparison of how the writer positions the audience
4. Comparison of how the text reflects discourses about language (theories form diversity and change)

You need compare throughout your paragraphs. 'Both texts represent...' 'in comparison to text b, text a....' 'however, in text A...' if the majority of your sentences start with these comparison words (similarly, likewise, in contrast) you'll get pretty high AO4 marks as this is a big part of what is examined for the comparison! You of course also need to back this up with examples from the text which are labelled for ao1

It works really well, covers everything and makes it really easy to just know what to look for!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (50)
30.12%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (73)
43.98%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (41)
24.7%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.2%

Watched Threads