The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing a Creative Writing MA?

I'm not asking whether it will teach me to write well. I'm more interested in networking and opportunities to meet publishers/literary agents.
Original post by mysticalfluffy
I'm not asking whether it will teach me to write well. I'm more interested in networking and opportunities to meet publishers/literary agents.

Depends on where you do it and what that course will expose you to. In terms of actually needing it I don't think you go. The networking bit is key and doing a masters is an expensive way to do that.
If its publisher & agent networking opportunities that you're interested in Faber Academy's 6 month course is the one for you- their opportunities are a goldmine.
The course is 6 months long, gives access to some of the biggest names in publishing and costs about the same as a masters.
It's best embarked on if you have a finished fiction manuscript that you are looking to polish, get feedback for and sell to agents/publishers.

There are other courses and events that provide good opportunities to raise your profile with agents & publishers- if you have a completed manuscript.
Happy to message you more details if you want.
Original post by londonmyst
If its publisher & agent networking opportunities that you're interested in Faber Academy's 6 month course is the one for you- their opportunities are a goldmine.
The course is 6 months long, gives access to some of the biggest names in publishing and costs about the same as a masters.
It's best embarked on if you have a finished fiction manuscript that you are looking to polish, get feedback for and sell to agents/publishers.

There are other courses and events that provide good opportunities to raise your profile with agents & publishers- if you have a completed manuscript.
Happy to message you more details if you want.

Sure do send me a message about that, please. I read a bit about that course already. Did you do it?
No, I'm writing non-fiction at the moment.
I've got a few friends that did Faber's Writing A Novel course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending