Pokémon: Lets Go, Pikachu/Eevee! Watch

Your Local Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thoughts?

The game looks nice. I like how the pokémon appear on the over-world so you don't have to sit through the tedious random encounters. Although I'm not a fan of the process of catching being like 'Go'.
EmilyJHall
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To be honest I quite like the look of it and I'm looking forward to playing it. It'll be a good filler before the mainstream game hits next year. I still play Pokemon Go too so it's encouraging me even more to play
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
not that interested. I am looking forward to the next main game - I have missed a lot of generations now, but it finally feels like pokemon may be getting towards what I wanted when I was a kid.

I remember back then, some many of us would sit and chat in school when pokemon blue/red/gold/silver were huge.. we would look at the PC games we were playing, and just say 'why can't someone make a pokemone game like this??? 3d, beautiful world, amazing action/visuals etc' - we couldn't understand why at the time.

I lost interest in pokemon as most did when we grew older, but a pokemon game that matches what I wanted as a kid but never got - a fully 3d and immersive rpg style game, would easily entice me back in. The last main game got very close to tempting me.. and I am finally hoping that now its moving to a more powerful system, this will be the time.

This years game looks like a cool casual thing, that I am sure will both please a lot, and piss off a lot in equal meassure. Coop is great - add that to the next main game.
EmilyJHall
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
not that interested. I am looking forward to the next main game - I have missed a lot of generations now, but it finally feels like pokemon may be getting towards what I wanted when I was a kid.

I remember back then, some many of us would sit and chat in school when pokemon blue/red/gold/silver were huge.. we would look at the PC games we were playing, and just say 'why can't someone make a pokemone game like this??? 3d, beautiful world, amazing action/visuals etc' - we couldn't understand why at the time.

I lost interest in pokemon as most did when we grew older, but a pokemon game that matches what I wanted as a kid but never got - a fully 3d and immersive rpg style game, would easily entice me back in. The last main game got very close to tempting me.. and I am finally hoping that now its moving to a more powerful system, this will be the time.

This years game looks like a cool casual thing, that I am sure will both please a lot, and piss off a lot in equal meassure. Coop is great - add that to the next main game.
Pokemon Sun and Moon as an excellent game 0 I would 100% recommend playing that. Made the franchise feel refreshed when I played it.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am really excited for this. I was disappointed when I went into my fave gaming Discord channels today including a Pokémon-centric one and the majority of people seem to be disinterested. It seems a lot of people were ready for Gen 8 and are thus disappointed at revisiting Kanto.

It looks cute and fun and I'm really looking forward to it! Guess I should compete UM by November. 😁
JoeyTanaka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Your Local Cat)
Thoughts?
The game looks alright, but it seems that the game will function differently to the typical games (No combat system).

I don't care much for the endless support with Pokemon go or the pointless-poke ball plus-cash grab-oh look it lights up and makes a funny sound-thing™... (What even is it?!)

But there is one thing that is a deal-breaker for me...

Spoiler:
Show

It's not a gen 4 remake... :mad:

Shoot me! I am just waiting for a good remake of the wonders that were gen 4.

Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not looking forward to it at all. Need switch exclusives to make me interested in buying it with my sister for placement year and this isn't one of them. Also gonna be hella expensive since its on switch.
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Meh, looks too casual for me. Might give it a go though.
Your Local Cat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Might give it a go though.
:teehee:
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Not looking forward to it at all. Need switch exclusives to make me interested in buying it with my sister for placement year and this isn't one of them. Also gonna be hella expensive since its on switch.
There are proper main-series Pokémon games coming out for the Switch at the end of next year. Let's Go is practically a spin-off
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Your Local Cat)
:teehee:
Ayyyy that made me lol
JoeyTanaka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
There are proper main-series Pokémon games coming out for the Switch at the end of next year.
Hopefully it won't be a disaster like gen 6.

That would be awful, and gen 7 did well to claw back any hope I had for the series.
LonelyDemon
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The game is really expensive with that pokeball plus I want it because probably only be available with Mew near release date so won't be waiting for price drop like with normal games. I'm not into pokemon go but I am looking forward to the next main pokemon game
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Meh, if the next core game generation come out in Switch then I'll probably end up buying a Switch and then end up playing these too, but these games aren't enough themselves to get me excited with the obvious concessions to Pokémon Go.

On the plus side, it's got me playing Pokémon Yellow again.
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looks promising. Casual spin off aimed at getting hold of the many people who played go and haven't played an actual Pokémon game before. There hasn't been a good Pokémon game since the ds and I'm looking forward to all this pandering ending after this and problems the series has had for a while being fixed.

They look like decent games in their own right and it's a good move. Recent games have just been alienating to anyone who has actually followed the series. I hope that Game Freak can be more aware of what their audiences older than 8 actually consist of and this looks like a tactful start. I love the co-op, I wish you could bring over your own teams from your own game in an amiibo or something but it's a good idea. There should really be harder battles when you are in co-op though.

I'm disappointed with the visual style, it looks like a 3ds game running on an emulator. Everything is so flat and unnatural, this is probably just an issue related to it being a remake of a gameboy game and will not be something that persists in flagship titles on a system that is magnitudes more powerful that a 240p handheld. The battles are bland and boring, Battle Revolution which was released on the wii in like 2009 had far better animations.

Straight up restricting the Pokémon you can get to less than a quarter of the total seems like a bit of a backwards move that will just reinforce the already present fear of anything that wasn't in the original games to the people they want to get back as fans, but I guess they are up to gen 3 in Go now aren't they so they probably would do fine.

I'd have more to say but I'd probably sound a bit childish talking so much about a video game in somewhere like this.

You must have really not been into Pokémon to miss your perfect game.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yolkie)
Looks promising. Casual spin off aimed at getting hold of the many people who played go and haven't played an actual Pokémon game before. There hasn't been a good Pokémon game since the ds and I'm looking forward to all this pandering ending after this and problems the series has had for a while being fixed.

They look like decent games in their own right and it's a good move. Recent games have just been alienating to anyone who has actually followed the series. I hope that Game Freak can be more aware of what their audiences older than 8 actually consist of and this looks like a tactful start. I love the co-op, I wish you could bring over your own teams from your own game in an amiibo or something but it's a good idea. There should really be harder battles when you are in co-op though.

I'm disappointed with the visual style, it looks like a 3ds game running on an emulator. Everything is so flat and unnatural, this is probably just an issue related to it being a remake of a gameboy game and will not be something that persists in flagship titles on a system that is magnitudes more powerful that a 240p handheld. The battles are bland and boring, Battle Revolution which was released on the wii in like 2009 had far better animations.

Straight up restricting the Pokémon you can get to less than a quarter of the total seems like a bit of a backwards move that will just reinforce the already present fear of anything that wasn't in the original games to the people they want to get back as fans, but I guess they are up to gen 3 in Go now aren't they so they probably would do fine.

I'd have more to say but I'd probably sound a bit childish talking so much about a video game in somewhere like this.

I remember reading reviews of it when it came out - didn't it have some funny mechanics? shadow pokemon or something similar? I remember something new about the gameplay really put me off.
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I remember reading reviews of it when it came out - didn't it have some funny mechanics? shadow pokemon or something similar? I remember something new about the gameplay really put me off.
You stole Pokémon rather than capturing them essentially, almost no wild battles.

You could try Black and White, they are by far the most jrpg-y story-driven games in the series along with their sequels, but if it's good 3d battles you want then yeah the new main series games next year might be finally good enough to not make me want to sell the game on ebay a day after I finish it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads