Turn on thread page Beta

Liverpool John Moores or Northumbria? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to do Journalism in Sept but LJMU has offered me 'Journalism with Digital Culture' rather than just Journalism :\ Whereas Northumbria have offered me a place on Journalism.

Really gutted as LJMU was my first choice uni! Anybody know what 'Digital Culture' is exactly?

And which is the best option? Liverpool or Northumbria? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    c'mon ta liverpool lol !

ReputationRep:
    This might help: http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/LSS/journalism/83463.htm#JDC

It sounds like it's journalism but with an emphasis on digital formats; e.g. the Internet, multi-channel television.

Could be useful as you would graduate with a knowledge of the new technologies and formats that journalism can take in today's world. But if that sort of stuff isn't of interest, then you'd be better off with the other offer.

Also, journalism at JMU is part of the Liverpool Screen School which is a Skillset Media Academy (basically an accreditation by the industry skills body), so you would be able to put that on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Thanks I just don't know whether the Digital Culture would help as in my mind I want to go into the magazine industry so not sure whether the knowledge of new technologies would help me.

Feeling stressed lol

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.