Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

I have never posted in this forum before but I have read bits and bobs over the last few years.

I know some people have posted about similar topics before, but I wanted to get people's views on it.

I'm 25 and have been married for nearly two years. My husband is 23. We both want kids very much; however my husband has made it clear several times that he wants to wait until he is at least 30 and we wouldn't be able to afford it for a few years in any event. Kids are expensive!! In addition, we are both at the early stages of pursuing professional careers.

I have always been very maternal and I am excited about (hopefully) being able to be a mother one day.

Until about a year ago I did not mind waiting a few years. However in the last few months I have been feeling very broody and I seem unable to stop thinking about babies. I have even started looking at baby books in WHSmiths

A friend of mine had her first child (aged 22!) a year ago and when I found out I felt extremely jealous, despite the fact that it was not practicable to have a child at that time, I think in my heart I wanted one. Very recently a work colleague has had a child and again I am feeling very jealous. Don't get me wrong - I am a kind-hearted loving person who never thinks bad thoughts about anyone.

So my questions are such: are these feelings normal? Are they just womanly feelings? Has anyone else unexpectedly felt jealous of other people having a child when they did not think that they had wanted one until then?

I welcome anyone's thoughts and opinions on this.

Thank you.

Mrs Anon

ReputationRep:
    Completely normal.

I am currently 22 and midway though a medical degree so it would be unbelievably impractical for me to have a baby now. But lately I have been feeling more and more that I would really like one.

So it is normal I guess you just have to suppress it for a while

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.