The Student Room Group

eng lang

How are you guys revising for it? also in my mocks i literally just hit a grade 7. like i was one mark into a grade 7. any advice on how to make it a more healthy grade 7? any tips?
In my MOCKS, I managed to get a 7 in Paper 1 and a 9 in Paper 2 with barely any revision. To be honest, I am essentially going to do the same now, maybe just look over my old work to see how to structure each answer. Question 3 is probably the hardest one imo, but my biggest advice would be to remember to leave enough time to answer Q5 as it is 50% of the whole paper and it isn't too hard either.

I'm more worried for Geography Paper 2 anyway.
Original post by Roborohan
In my MOCKS, I managed to get a 7 in Paper 1 and a 9 in Paper 2 with barely any revision. To be honest, I am essentially going to do the same now, maybe just look over my old work to see how to structure each answer. Question 3 is probably the hardest one imo, but my biggest advice would be to remember to leave enough time to answer Q5 as it is 50% of the whole paper and it isn't too hard either.

yeah i hardly revised too. i legit just went over how to structure each question an hour before. its hard to revise it tbh. like idk how to. but yeah if i am lucky enough ill end up with a 7 again in the actual gcse with little revision. but i don't want to risk it at the same time ygm? not much to revise tho. ill just go over structure again XD.

Awh, and good luck for geo! i'm stressing for history. really want a 7 and got a 6 in my mocks(B) :frown:
Reply 3
mr bruff
i didn’t revise, and i ran out of time, but somehow got an 8! so you’ll be fine if just keep going like you are! good luck on getting that 7!
Original post by Bookaddict02
yeah i hardly revised too. i legit just went over how to structure each question an hour before. its hard to revise it tbh. like idk how to. but yeah if i am lucky enough ill end up with a 7 again in the actual gcse with little revision. but i don't want to risk it at the same time ygm? not much to revise tho. ill just go over structure again XD.

Awh, and good luck for geo! i'm stressing for history. really want a 7 and got a 6 in my mocks(B) :frown:

Yeah I know its hard to revise English Language but at the same time feel bad for not revising it considering its the actual thing. But no worries anyway.

Thanks and good luck in your exams.
Reply 6
Original post by Roborohan

What I would do is do Q5 first which gets you the most marks on the paper, then I would read the text and do Q1, Q2 and then Q4 because Q1 and 2 help you with Q4 then do Q3.
Original post by circleofsighs
i didn’t revise, and i ran out of time, but somehow got an 8! so you’ll be fine if just keep going like you are! good luck on getting that 7!

THANKS!
Idk why that came out in capital loool
How are you guys revising for it? also in my mocks i literally just hit a grade 7. like i was one mark into a grade 7. any advice on how to make it a more healthy grade 7? any tips?

any tips for english language paper 1 and paper 2. I keep getting 3s need help getting 4 or maybe 5.
my problems is i can't recongise which is which like whicih is a metaphor and what is a oxymoron
Reply 9
THANKS!
Idk why that came out in capital loool

hey would you not mind marking a descriptive writing piece I did.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5399930
Original post by Zaspo
hey would you not mind marking a descriptive writing piece I did.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5399930

yeah sure, in a bit tho x
What exam board are you doing - AQA or Edexcel? I have this huge anthology full of all different types of texts in the style that could potentially come up in the exam and just annotate the language & structure techniques in them. Make sure you know lots of terminology as well (apart from the obvious such as similes & metaphors) but more of the ones that are out of the ordinary e.g. hypophora, polysyndenton and isocolons :smile: as well as their effects
Original post by diamondionysx
What exam board are you doing - AQA or Edexcel? I have this huge anthology full of all different types of texts in the style that could potentially come up in the exam and just annotate the language & structure techniques in them. Make sure you know lots of terminology as well (apart from the obvious such as similes & metaphors) but more of the ones that are out of the ordinary e.g. hypophora, polysyndenton and isocolons :smile: as well as their effects

AQA nd Okay thanks
I dont know much but i a not very healthy grade 8 and theres a thing about perceptive analysis. Like you have to analyse in a way that really isnt obvious. Maybe look into it but i know thats something my english teacher says a lot lmao. Its a bit difficult to revise english language as its more of a skill than a collection of knowledge like other subjects. I think mr bruff has some videos on it so watch them and try and emulate his methods in your answer

Quick Reply

Latest