ReputationRep:
    BREAKING NEWS REGARDING CAMBRIDGE'S GCSE LANGUAGE POLICY:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7297143.stm

ReputationRep:
    **** cambridge.. im not going to get in there now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsn)
    **** cambridge.. im not going to get in there now haha
    Why not? They don't want a Language GCSE anymore...

ReputationRep:
    given up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsn)
    given up
    why give up so easily?
    Just because they dropped the requirement, it doesn't mean that people who are taking languages at GCSEs won't still have a "slight" advantage.
    Come on! Let's all not give up!

ReputationRep:
    i was in a slightly pessimistic mood when i wrote that, but ive come to the realisation that getting the grades isnt even a tenth of the whole cambridge admissions picture =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsn)
    i was in a slightly pessimistic mood when i wrote that, but ive come to the realisation that getting the grades isnt even a tenth of the whole cambridge admissions picture =]
    Good to know, so keep fighting for it!
    And tbh, I think cambridge is just disappointed that not many people take languages and with that,, less people will not be pressurised to take languages, which means less peopel taking languages, so I am certain they will be really happy to see those who have! actually taken one or two! :d

ReputationRep:
    i dunno. ive just felt like ive fought for so many things in the past and just failed, failed, failed.. maybe itll change ... :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsn)
    i dunno. ive just felt like ive fought for so many things in the past and just failed, failed, failed.. maybe itll change ... :|
    So did Abraham Lincoln, he was a chronic failure. Things turned out well for him in the end.

ReputationRep:
    haha many people have said, "your working so hard for something you may never achieve"

and truer words were never said

ReputationRep:
    "may" being the keyword. Working hard on its own is a wonderful thing you should embrace. When you die, you can at least tell yourself "i worked hard"

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for MMath today, yet when i applied i accidentally forgot to put ANY gcse's on my application...the offer is standard except i need to do an english exam approved by imperial. So they cant be THAT important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wais)
    "may" being the keyword. Working hard on its own is a wonderful thing you should embrace. When you die, you can at least tell yourself "i worked hard"
    Wow, you can tell yourself stuff when you're dead! Never knew that before!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.