Turn on thread page Beta

You notice your girlfriend putting on weight.. what do you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoeGeddaBowDeet)
    height?

5ft 5in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    I know I'm not her, but that has absolutely nothing to do with it, you utter prick
    Look over there...a cream cake!

ReputationRep:
    Look over there...a cream cake!
    how witty :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think a size ten could weigh ten stone without being excessively tall!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, if she's 5'2 or under(really not that uncommon) then she's overweight in BMI terms. If she's up to 5'4/5'5, she's on the upper end of normal on BMI so likely to be a little chubby.
    they weren't saying someone would have to be tall to weigh 10 stone, but that someone who is 10 stone and a size 10 must have to be pretty tall.
    which is a fair judgment really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
    11 stone
    Your BMI indicates you're slightly overweight, so guessing you were insecure was probably correct, no? It's not a personal slight on you that he noticed his girlfriend was putting on weight - you shouldn't blame him for your own issues.

ReputationRep:
    LOL at the amount of girls on here that are suddenly gonna feel paranoid thanks to your anonymous post!

http://www.fitness.com/articles/uplo...ia_1598328.jpg

Size she used to look like that, now I'm not exactly sure what dress size she is because it varies between brands.
    She now looks like that, but you can't see any muscle line down the front, and is podgy in the sense she isn't toned and has love handles..
    She's worried she'll loose her nice assets if she slims, although she didn't before.

(Original post by Erradhadh)
    Bah, he wouldn't say "Fat cow." Really, some people look better at 12/14, some people don't. Some people don't carry weight well. I think by saying 'letting herself go' he means that there's a change in attitude since the time they started dating, and he finds it attractive when a woman cares about that sort of thing.
    Exactly, I liked the fact that she took care of herself and was high maintenance.. it shows devotion in a way. - Bring on the feminazis

About me being skinny, I have a small build with no fat - so I look ripped - which I don't exactly like due to my super fast metabolism, everything turns into muscle and my cardio doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the fashion industry in action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    they weren't saying someone would have to be tall to weigh 10 stone, but that someone who is 10 stone and a size 10 must have to be pretty tall.
    which is a fair judgment really.
    Maybe, but sizing is fairly non-standard and this guy is probably not doing his gf's clothes shopping.

ReputationRep:
    I'd try and get her to come to the gym with me.

Pretty sure I could too tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Your BMI indicates you're slightly overweight, so guessing you were insecure was probably correct, no? It's not a personal slight on you that he noticed his girlfriend was putting on weight - you shouldn't blame him for your own issues.

if you READ my posts carefully you would notice i said on the end of one, maybe i'm being insecure.

having fun with your BMI calculator, that thing is one big load of rubbish, according to that, johnny wilkinson is overweight. hes quite clearly very healthy its just the fact that he carries a lot of muscle. you know nothing about me maybe i've got musles like an adonis.

wire her jaws shut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Size she used to look like that, now I'm not exactly sure what dress size she is because it varies between brands.
    She now looks like that, but you can't see any muscle line down the front, and is podgy in the sense she isn't toned and has love handles..
    She's worried she'll loose her nice assets if she slims, although she didn't before.

Exactly, I liked the fact that she took care of herself and was high maintenance.. it shows devotion in a way. - Bring on the feminazis

About me being skinny, I have a small build with no fat - so I look ripped - which I don't exactly like due to my super fast metabolism, everything turns into muscle and my cardio doesn't help.
    You don't deserve her

ReputationRep:
    I think the dress-size issue is completely irrelevant anyway. The important point is that he no longer finds her (as) sexually attractive. This isn't something one can actively decide - the guy either fancies her or he doesn't. No relationship is sustainable in the long run without physical attraction, so OP: you either need to either (politely) say something to her and explain how you feel, or move on and find a new girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

could someone enlighten me.... what does 'ripped' mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
    if you READ my posts carefully you would notice i said on the end of one, maybe i'm being insecure.

having fun with your BMI calculator, that thing is one big load of rubbish, according to that, johnny wilkinson is overweight. hes quite clearly very healthy its just the fact that he carries a lot of muscle. you know nothing about me maybe i've got musles like an adonis.
    BMI is pretty accurate except in special circumstances like people with large amounts of muscle mass. A very small percentage of people have enough muscle mass to skew the system, and practically none of those people are female. I think it's safe to say BMI is going to be accurate in your case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    You don't deserve her
    And you know that from a couple of posts?! Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Kinda means next to no body fat and slim toned body

ReputationRep:
    BMI isn't infallible as an indicator of how big someone is. I reckon I'm probably towards the upper half of the BMI scale thingy but I am naturally fairly curvy and definitely not fat.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.